Picture perfect pt. 4 FINAL PART

⚠️WARINING⚠️  This contains spoilers for the picture-perfect arc. Do not read unless you have read these chapters in the manga.

Possible swearing too!

The sky was a beautiful purple pink and orange

That could only mean one thing. It was getting close to time to leave.

I collapsed on the bench completely worn out.
Towel in my hand so I can dry off.

Kou turned round the corner and offered me a drink. I accepted it gratefully.

"Can I sit here, Y/N-Senpai?" "Sure."

He sat down next to me and sighed.  "What were you saying before Y/N?"  I took a sip of my drink.

"Woah, no juice for me?"

I did a spit take. "Mitsuba?! What are you doing?"  Mitsuba-Chan swung around to the other side of the bench so that he was facing us.

"You two seem awfully close. What are you talking about.?"

"Like we'll tell you." I murmured.

Then a look of shock came over Mitsuba-Chan like a wave.   "GASP. Maybe something erotic?!????!? Erotic earring and erotic Senpai!"

Kou stood up and placed his drink in front of Mitsuba's face.  "Cool off. Take this and go drink it by yourself."

Mitsuba took it and left saying " Yokoo~ Satou~ I have drinks! Which one do you want?"

I watched them pick out their drinks and then said
"You and Mitsuba-Chan seem close."
Kou scratched the back of his neck. "No. Not really."

I turned to the strange tower that had appeared today.

That tower suddenly showed up too... should I ask about that?

"Hey, Kou-"

I saw something move out of the corner of my eye.
I turned around to see a girl in the garden with a sketchbook.  "Huh? That girl..."

I got up and walked over to the fence. "What is it?" "Over there, who is that? That's not our school uniform."

Kou sat down next to me. "I wonder what she's doing?" "It looks like she's drawing."

Someone called our names so I turned around to see Mina and Satou-San from Kou's class walking toward us.

"Y/N! Kou-Kun! What are you doing?"
"Mina, some girl is drawing over there..."
I turned back to look at the girl but "Huh? She's gone?! Where'd she go?!"  Mina bent down to take a look.

"What about her?" "Well, she wasn't wearing our school uniform. So it's kind of weird."

Satou-San spoke up. "A girl in an unfamiliar uniform..."  "And drawing a picture. It must be!" Mina finished.  "Wouldn't that be Shijima-San?"

I turned. "Shijima-San?"  "Yeah," Mina explained. "Shijima-San of the art room. A long time ago there was a girl who was really good at art. But, she died before graduation."

"So that was Shijima-San?" I asked.  "Yeah, even since she died it's as if she's still here. Drawing the pictures she loved."

"How did she die?" I asked worriedly.
"Well you see, her family was opposed to her becoming an artist. She would only be allowed to continue drawing till graduation, and so... she committed suicide before she could graduate."

I was about to comment on how sad that was when Mina and Satou shattered into pieces.

I stood over their broken bodies shaking.
"M-Mina? Satou-San?.." Kou grabbed me and pulled me away from the heartbreaking sight.

"Senpai, stay back!.. What the hell?"

"Wh-Why!?" I fell to the ground crying.
"NOOO!" I banged my fists on the ground, now shaking with sobs.

Amane ran up to where we were. He rushed over to me and squatted beside me when he noticed I was on the ground.

He put a comforting hand on my back. Rubbing circles to help me calm down.

"Y/N, what happened? I heard you screaming."
"The-They're....." My voice gave out so I just pointed at the pieces of my friends lying on the ground. My hand shaking.

Everyone crowded around us. Mitsuba-Chan looked concerned but then said, "What's the big deal?"

I moved away from Amane's hand.
"What do you mean?" "Y/N, they're just broken."
"That scream was so loud." I heard someone murmur.

"Y/N," Amane put his hand on my shoulder. "That was probably your first time, but it's totally fine. They'll be back to normal in no time. Maybe about 20-30 minutes or so. Don't worry."

"But-but-but... Amane wait. Why are you acting like this is normal?"

He took his hand off my shoulder. "It's not that uncommon." He hugged me and then stood up. "Alright, let's get back to work."

When everyone had walked away me and Kou just sat there staring after them.

"What the-so weird-this..." I sniffed. "Hey, Kou? You-you think so too right? It's weird, right?"
"Senpai..." he said in a kind voice. "It's-"

"HEY!" Mitsuba came back.  "Senpai and Minamoto-Kun come help clean too. Don't just sit here chatting. It's too hard if we're missing two people. So hurry up. We have to keep going."

Kou stood up and grabbed Mitsuba's wrist.
"Hey... you don't think anything is off about this?" He said while pointing at the broken pieces. "Really?!? This isn't normal... oh right of course it isn't normal."

Mitsuba raised his hand. "Um, Minamoto-Kun."
"FROM THE START!"  Kou had gotten angry now.

"I sat there watching. Not knowing what to do. From the start I thought 'Maybe he really doesn't know. Maybe he's alive... Maybe Mitsuba's wish came true.' But no. There's something, something that seems wrong..."

I glanced over to Amane as his words echoed in my head.

"Almost as if everything is-"

"STOP IT!" Mitsuba yanked away from Kou's grip. He stood there facing the ground.
"Even so, what can you do? Such a bother. It doesn't matter anyway." 

Mitsuba was looking upset.
"This world....isn't even real!"

Me and Kou stood there staring. 
Then I said almost in a trance.

"This world isn't even..... Real?"

I felt empty. As my entire life was a lie. All my emotions are just a simulation.

Kou spoke up. "So, you do know something after all."  Mitsuba clapped his hand to his mouth and then ran away.

Me and Kou ran off after him.
"MITSUBA WAIT! WHAT DO YOU MEAN?"
Kou ran toward the school trying to catch up to him.

But I felt someone watching me. I turned to where I felt it and saw Amane turn away as if nothing had just happened.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

1082 words

I'm so sorry for not updating for so long 🥲
The holidays got to me.

Happy new year!

- Soapy 🫧