86.Uninvited Guests

“Both of you should have just come back. You don’t have to spend so much money buying all these,” Grandma had been frugal all her life. When she saw so much expensive stuff, she felt sorry for the money spent and shook her head as she said, “It’s a waste of money. I’m an old woman and will not need to use so many things.”

Jungkook wore a dark gray suit that made him look more friendly. The casual clothing made him look even more handsome and younger. His body shape looked more manly in it.

Facing Lisa’s grandmother, Jungkook restrained his usual cold and distant attitude. He had a faint smile on his face and looked approachable. Although he did not talk much, every word he said made a lot of sense.

His grandmother was satisfied with Jungkook. She kept smiling, and the wrinkles on her face showed how happy she was. As she smiled, she kept shoving snacks into Jungkook’s hands. The other children of the Jeon family were also polite and well-behaved. Jieun and Hyunjin were the liveliest. They had been surrounding grandma and acting coquettishly, which amused grandma so much.

Lisa’s marriage was so sudden. She married on behalf of Yeri. Lisa’s grandma thought the Jeon family that Yeri did not want to marry was not someone decent. Her grandma tried to stop it at that time, but she had no way to stop it. She could only pray that Lisa would live a better life.

This time, Lisa brought the Jeon family’s siblings with her. Seeing their interaction with each other, Grandma finally felt relieved. Even her laughter became a little more cheerful.

Seeing her grandmother’s happy laughter, Lisa smiled.

“I will accompany Lisa to walk around the place where she grew up when my legs recover,” Jungkook held Lisa’s hand and said, smiling, “when the time comes, I will need to trouble Lisa to introduce me properly to her neighborhood.”

Lisa was slightly dazed.

The upper-class society valued status the most. Just like Lisa’s father, Lee Yong. Back then, he was the one who had thrown her abroad to live a difficult life in the slums. But in the end, she was the one who looked down on her own status. She felt that her life in the slums had embarrassed her. There were still many people who did not know about her relationship with Lee Yong.

Compared to the Lee family, the Jeon family was the top of the wealthy families. Logically speaking, they valued family status more. However, whether it was Jungkook or the other juniors of the Jeon family, they never talked about it. They treated her grandmother politely and warmly and did not look down on the environment she grew up in since she was a kid.

After receiving such sincerity, when Lisa recalled how others treated her, she felt they were ridiculous. Lisa held Jungkook’s hand back and nodded with a smile. “Okay.”

Noticing their interaction, the smile on Lisa’s face bloomed. “I’m happy to see you all today. I’ll cook something nice for you to eat.”

Grandma’s cooking skills were good, but the family was poor and could not afford to buy many ingredients. Hearing her grandma’s words, Lisa rolled up her sleeves and said, “I’ll help you, grandma.”

“I don’t need your help,” Grandma rejected decisively. “Go out and accompany Jungkook and the others. Don’t mess around here.”

“Grandma, you like Jungkook more now,” Lisa snorted. “You stopped loving me after you saw Jungkook.”

Grandma smiled and nodded her head.

Laughter filled the small space. Then, the doorbell suddenly rang. Jieun walked over to open the door. She saw the person outside covering his nose and asking with disdain, “Where’s Lalisa?”

Jieun glanced at the person, then turned around and shouted at Lisa, “Sister-in-law, someone is looking for you.”

Lisa wiped her hands as she walked to the door. The moment she saw the person at the door, her face darkened. “Why are you here?”

Yeri was wearing a white cotton dress. Her long black hair hung behind her back, and her small face with exquisite makeup was exceptionally fresh and delicate.

“I heard that you were here, so I came over to visit,” Yeri held her handbag and asked tentatively, “can I talk to you?”

She carefully kept a distance from Lisa as if she was afraid Lisa might smear her clothing.

Yes, Yeri was the princess, the little girl that everyone cared for and doted. She could play the violin, and she had an innocent and kind personality. So, she deserved to be adored by everyone, and she, Lisa, was the filthy girl in the slums. Even if she tried her best, she could only make her life a little better. That was why Lisa did not have a father when she was born, and her father had sent her abroad to fend for herself.

Probably Jungkook noticed Lisa’s mood swings. Jungkook turned the wheelchair to her side and gently held her hand. “Who’s here?”.

Yeri looked over at the person speaking. When her gaze fell on the wheelchair under Jungkook, her eyes widened in disbelief. “You’re Mr. Jeon?” Didn’t they say that after Jungkook’s legs were disabled, he had a weird personality, was irritable and brutal? She thought Jungkook should be decadent and weak, not like this…