174.Am I Clear?

“Do you think it’s as simple to settle tax evasion?” Chanyeol looked coldly at his stupid sister. He sneered, “That foreign trade company is not as simple as you think. In addition, the authorities suspected the Bae Foundation of illegal fund-raising and fraud. Do you think I don’t want to get my mother out? But do I look like I can do so?”

“No… Mom will be fine…” Irene was devastated. She was still hoping that she could earn both fame and fortune after coming back from the mountains. Irene had dreamt about getting along with those wealthy ladies and taking over her mother’s job. She would become as outstanding as her mother. But now, nothing was left for her and her mother.

Irene broke down and cried loudly. She grabbed Chanyeol’s arm and shouted frantically, “It’s all because of Lalisa. It’s all because of her! Brother, I want Lisa to pay for what she had done!”

“Enough! Stop causing more trouble!” Chanyeol pushed Irene away in annoyance, making her fall onto the sofa. His eyes filled with disgust and disdain. He looked at her. “if it wasn’t for you and mom dragging me down, why would I follow Jeon Jungkook and work for him like a dog? It’s fine if you can’t help me, but at least stay obedient and don’t cause trouble for me!”

If his mother and sister were half as capable as Lisa, the Jeon Corporation would already be in his hands.

“You blame us for it?” Irene couldn’t believe what she heard. “Why are you blaming us? If it weren’t for mom helping you get money, would you have so much money? I have been in the mountains during New Year just because of you.”

“For who?” Chanyeol sneered. “You wouldn’t say it was for me, would you? Irene, everything you did was for your reputation. If it weren’t for your insatiable greed, you wouldn’t have ended up in this situation!”

Someone had exposed the scheme of mountain area donation. So, the foundation’s fraudulent donation was already an indisputable fact. Mei’s imprisonment was unavoidable, and the scariest thing was that the relevant departments were already investigating the fund flow related to the foundation. Even Chanyeol was now tied up. He had no choice and had to tuck his tail between his legs.

“Yes, I did it for myself, but mom did it all for you!” She had long known that this brother of hers had a cold heart. But at this moment, Irene still couldn’t help but feel a chill in her heart. “Brother, do you still have a conscience?”

“Conscience?” Chanyeol’s face turned gloomy, and his eyes turned red in anger. He took a step forward and grabbed Irene’s neck.

“Ugh…” Irene could not breathe. She struggled to pull his hand away, but Chanyeol strangled tighter. Irene choked.

Her vision went dark. When Irene struggled to breathe, she met Chanyeol’s emotionless and murderous eyes. Her brother wanted to kill her!

This realization made Irene even more afraid. It was the first time she felt that death was so close to her. “No, brother… brother… Don’t…”

Chanyeol was unmoved by Irene’s pleas. When Irene was about to lose consciousness due to the lack of oxygen, Chanyeol suddenly let go of her.

Irene fell to the ground hard. She didn’t feel anything when her back hit the corner of the coffee table. She held her throat and coughed.

“Irene, let me tell you, my last conscience is to allow you to continue living in the Bae family as a pampered young lady,” Chanyeol pulled Irene’s long hair and forced her to lift her head. His eyes were dark, like a beast hidden in the dark. He looked like a predator who could pounce at his prey and rip off its neck.

Irene looked at her in horror.

Chanyeol raised his hand and patted Irene’s cheek. “Stay at home and be obedient. When I need you in the future, cooperate. Otherwise, don’t blame me for not caring about our sibling relationship.”

Irene, who had just escaped from the brink of death, still had not recovered from her shock. She looked at Chanyeol with her lifeless eyes.

“Am I clear?” Chanyeol suddenly raised his voice. He grabbed her hair and slammed her on the sofa. “Talk to me!”

“I, I heard you,” Irene sobbed. She replied with her hoarse voice, “I heard you. I really heard you…”

“Good girl,” Chanyeol smiled in satisfaction. He let go of her hair and gently smoothed out her messy hair. “My good sister…”

Irene could not help but tremble, tears streaming down her face.

Chanyeol’s phone rang. After seeing the caller ID, Chanyeol put on a gentlemanly expression. “Miss Jeon? Okay, no problem. I’ll be there right now.”