Eighteen || Blindfold

-Art by シウ on Twitter-

I miss Gojo so I wanted to write smth for him 😰👀

The October air was colder than usual. It made me shiver as I shrank into my large coat.

Looking around, I sighed at the empty campus. Everybody was away on missions, thus leaving me by my lonesome. I hadn't been assigned anything because I was still feeling a little drowsy from being sick the whole day.

That's right- I caught Toge's illness from when I took care of him. To his credit, he did return the favour by nursing me, giving me even more care and attention than I did him but that wasn't until he was forced to attend the job of exorcising an important curse. It took a while, but I did eventually convince him that I was feeling well enough for him to go.

So without having anything better to do, I decided to water the plants. It felt strange to be tending to the school gardens by myself after doing it with Toge for so long. It was an activity that was solely ours, as were many other things. I smiled as I watched the hose pipe trickle a stream of water to the flowers at my feet.

My smile dropped when I sensed something approaching. I lowered the hose and spotted a tall man casually walking over.

"Yo, (Y/N)!" Gojo beamed.

I didn't say anything but turned my attention back to my task as the blindfolded man squatted down next to me. "You feeling any better?" He asked with a tilted head.

"Better than this morning," My voice was gruff with the cold. "Anyways, why are you back so early? I thought you said you had a super duper lame meeting to attend." I said, quoting the exact words he had said to me the day prior.

"It was super duper lame, that's why I decided to leave early." He grinned cheekily. He was still crouched down at my left as he simply watched me water the plants. "Y'know (Y/N), you've really changed a lot."

I gave him a quizzical look, asking why he thought so.

Gojo stretched his arms out in front of him as he explained, "Last year you would do anything you could to get out of training or missions or anything like that. But now you've become a lot more serious with those things and you put in more of an effort to try to improve yourself. I wonder, is this Toge's influence?"

The smile never left his glossed lips as he reminisced and I could do nothing but shrug. "I guess it's just time to grow up." I found my own words a little contradicting, seeing as I did pull a prank on Nanami just last week. But I brushed it off since I at least didn't play as many jokes as I did during my first year of school. "But you're partly right with Toge being the reason. He's just something that motivates me to try harder and be better." Gojo seemed to like that answer as he nodded approvingly.

"I can tell he feels the same way when it comes to you- you're both good for each other. Ahhh they grow up so fast, I miss when you used to act like a mini me." The white haired man swooned comically.

I wasn't too focused on his words as I was preoccupied with thoughts of the thing that had been bothering me lately. "Sensei, I'm worried it won't last." I said suddenly without thinking. "The good things never last."

It was something that had been weighing on my shoulders for a while but would be quickly dismissed when I found myself getting too stressed over it. But no matter how much I buried it down, tried to conceal it with neglect, the fear of losing what meant most to me remained.

Gojo didn't respond immediately but rather took a second to focus on my words. "Maybe you're not so different from me after all," He murmured so low that I nearly didn't hear him. "Love is the most twisted curse of all."