Chapter 3

Y/n's POV

"Tell me, what type of outcast is there in Academy?" I asked. "You see, my little thief! There are werewolves, vampires, stoners, and so much more!" Father said in excitement. "Interesting. That means I'll be able to test on different creatures." I said. "No, darling! You must not. You need to socialize and make friends." Mother said. I frowned at her response, "What if I don't want to? What if I want to stay by myself?" I asked.

"You can't be by yourself. You need to trust others too. Just like your father and I." She said. I rolled my eyes at her. Clearly, she doesn't understand what I'm trying to say. "Any more stories about Nevermore?" I asked. "There is a group that your mother and I used to be in, Nightshades," Father said. But before he could continue I stepped in.

"I am not interested in becoming you two. I will not follow in your footsteps. I will make my path, my own decision." I said. My parents weren't shocked at my response. They knew that I didn't want to be like them. They want me to make my path and know my needs. "I understand. If you ever need to go somewhere, you can always snap twice at the statue of poet Edgar Allan Poe." Mother said.

I nod my head, signaling that I understand what she means. "Mother, why do I have to stop being home-schooled? I liked being home-schooled." I said. "You can never hide, darling, you must learn to face your fear." She said. "She's not wrong, my thief. You must always sneak out to find the truth." Father said. "I will, mother and father, but you underestimated me multiple times, when are you going to understand that I am capable of taking care of myself?" I said, looking at them coldly. Father ignored the cold stare and warned me about the woods.

"Stay away from the woods. They are filthy, and a lot of horrible people live there. You can also visit Jericho. It's a small town, but it's where the normies live." Father said. "Why? Is there a monster out there or something? Don't be ridiculous! I could not imagine a demon out there." I said. "Darling, you see, they do exist." Mother said. "Enlighten me then. I would like to hear the horrible things it does." I said. "The most dangerous one, The Hyde. Its claws are at least thirteen feet long, and its eyes are horrifying." Father said, pulling out a picture of it.

I grabbed the picture and analyzed it. "Fascinating. I have never seen a creature like this. I must find it and learn what it does!" I said. "NO! You will not do that! You are forbidden to go anywhere in the woods!" Father said, "Your uncle was killed by one of those creatures. They are just cruel and evil demons." he finished. It went quiet for a second until I spoke, "Yes, father." I said.

A Few Minutes Later

We got to the train station. After hours of traveling, we finally arrived at Nevermore Academy. 'Hello Nevermore. Let's see what you got in stored for me.' I thought, walking in with my parents.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Words: 508

A/n: I'm so proud of writing two chapters in one day!