Fun Chapter (No, really.)

If you pay attention to my announcements, then you would know that I cockily proclaimed that I would share my writing from two years ago if Dysania reached 100 views by Christmas.

It now has 112 views 11 days beforehand.

So, here is what I have promised; the stories I wrote two years ago, on Zoom, in 10 minutes, at 7am.
For language arts.
I have many other excuses for why they are so badly written, but if I spelled them all out here, then I would have no room to share all of the stories.

I will also be rewriting one of them—and currently voting is closed.

Look out for the latest update for the rewritten chapter! ✨

Beware; for this is the point of no return————

Whenever I look out the windows, it seems like the sky is crying a flood. The clouds look like they are covered in soot and they light up with lightning every now and then. The candle next to me is flickering, so I get up to get another match. As I pass by the window in my hallway, at a glance I thought that I saw a figure standing in front of the cornfield. I look again and there is nothing there. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, and I headed back to my candle. Outside, the wind howled and the thunder growled. The rain seemed to get three times heavier, hitting my roof and windows with loud thuds. One time, I thought I heard a knock, but I dismissed it as my overactive imagination. With one last flicker of the candle, it went out with a cold swoosh. I was left in darkness. "knock knock!" I heard someone tap at my door. It was almost inhuman from how fast they were. "knock knock!" I heard again, they seemed louder, and faster this time. I was frozen in my place, no one should be out there at this time at night. By the look of the moon that I could barely see through the now black clouds, it seemed to be around three A.M. and the storm was horrible outside. "knock... knock.." it sounded as if my door would fall down. My face went pale and I ran to get another match as if being in the dark would leave me helpless. "knock knock!" I heard again while passing through the hallway window. I begrudgingly looked outside, and saw a humanoid figure at 8 feet tall. It had wings that had some holes in them, and they looked so skinny you could almost see the bone beneath the leathery skin that enveloped them. The creature had glowing rubies for eyes and had teeth as sharp as a bear. It was smiling. Like it knew I couldn't escape. With a swift motion, one of its clawed arms reached forward and knocked on my window. Its smile only getting larger by the second as my face went even paler and I started shaking from fear. "knock... knock..."

The wind was howling, the rain poured left and right. Bolts of lightning lit up the black sky, soon to be followed by the earth shattering thunder. Off in the distance, there was a ship. It was swaying back and forth as it was off balance. It was hard to see through the thick rain and fog. The crew struggled to keep it afloat. I climbed onto a rock a few yards away from the ship and I watched. The sails ripped, and the ship almost capsized. Between swimming down to safety, and helping the sailors survive the soon to happen shipwreck, I had to make a choice. The wind only got louder, almost deafening as the rain felt like someone picked up the ocean, only to drop it on us again. The scales on my tail tingled as I was running out of time. In a swift act, I leaped into the sea and swam as fast as I could to go help steady the ship. I pushed as hard as the sea would let me, to help steer it to the island nearby, but it was of no use. The ship fell over sideways and sunk into the rough dark blue of the sea.

For me, every day seemed the same. The same time I woke up, the same time I went home from school, the same early morning breeze. The same conversations at school, the same subjects we learned, the same memories every single day. It was a monotonous, but simple life. I must be happy here, isn't that why I chose it? Every day was the same, but not this one. The sky was raven black, the sun nowhere to be seen. Things would glitch, and suddenly disappear and go somewhere else. Gravity was broken, so everyone just hovered over the ground. No one even noticed. Not the teachers, not my friends, no one even seemed to care. I tried to bring it up at lunch but all I got were blank stares. Things got worse, whole halves of the building would disappear, people vanished, everything seemed a little blurry, then, the darkness came. With it's insatiable hunger, it devoured everything that it could reach. it seemed like it wasn't affected by the glitch. The sky turned blinding white and, yet again, no one noticed. I was screaming. Screaming, trying to get everyone to evacuate the school before the darkness enveloped it in its death-filled jaws. I tried to grab my friend's hand, but it passed right through me. I looked up at them and I saw the same blank stare from earlier. I tried to run, but I couldn't go fast. As the darkness came ever closer, tears streamed down my face as everything I knew was lost into the abyss. Then I saw black, I felt nothing.

The pale moonlight reflected on the water as if it was looking in a mirror. The gentle pitter patter of the fountain was a delightful accompaniment to the soft chirping of birds and the hushed sounds of insects. With every cool blow of the wind, the trees shivered. If you looked toward the ground, you could see the grass and flowers sway as well. If you looked up, you could see a whole galaxy of stars staring back at you. The wandering wolves howled to the big, white moon, while the little bluebirds sang a lovely tune. Stand there quietly, take it all in, and then let the journey begin...

There was darkness surrounding me. I couldn't see or feel anything but a light breeze that danced around me. I started walking in a random direction, hoping to find something, or someone that can help me out of here. A slow walk turned into a run as the wind that once flew around me, whispered my name in an eerie voice that sounds like it hasn't been used in eons.
"Ashlyn...." the wind sang in a dusty tone. It didn't sound malicious, but it didn't sound nice either. "Ashlyn...." it said again. My eyes darted around, straining to see what was calling my name. I only saw a puff of smoke nearby. I ran, but it felt as if I had gone nowhere.

The wind sighed. I stepped forward, the lush green grass tickling my feet. There was nothing stirring except for a nest of baby birds chirping in the distance. There is a beautiful field in front of me, with sprinkles of purple fuzzy flowers all over it. Then, a soft crack of thunder echoed across the valley, the birds stopped chirping, and flew away. I stood there calmly, only leaning down to pick up a flower. As the thunder grows louder, I make no move to escape. The sky grew dark with the clouds smothering any ray of sunshine. The only light that appears is the occasional flash of lightning. As the wind howls, I walked to the center of the field. Then finally, the rain comes crashing down like an avalanche of tears. Looking up at the sky, I ran. I danced and skipped around laughing and rejoiced in the rain after the year long drought. Mud splattered on my bare feet and dress but I didn't care, it was finally over.

"CREEEK" Jane and Mark struggled to push open the heavy electronic door that has been out of power for centuries.
"What is this place...?" Questioned Jane.
"I think that it may have been a mortal age hospital or some kind of lab." Mark scrunched up his face, making a disgusted look.
"Whats wrong? Are you scared of this place?" said Jane with a smirk. "If you were too scared then why did you come with me?"
"I AM NOT SCARED," Mark whispered sharply, "It just smells and looks so weird here." gesturing towards the large room that was covered by a large blanket of dust.

—————————————————————————

These are in chronological order, from when they're written. The first one you read was from the latest part in the year, and the one you just read was one of my first horror 'stories'.

I'm not good at dialogue, okay? 😭

(Commentary will be in the comments—check out my thoughts on my 2020 writing! )

Have a terrific day/morning/night/evening/void of time experience!