1

Viparyas: a flower without seeds; once the earth remembers, the Viparyas will bloom

~•~

"Hey, Wanderer?"

"Hm?"

The wind-borne Wanderer remained in his position without looking up as he played with a leaf he found randomly lying nearby. It floated with the power of his newfound Anemo vision, and he stared at it for a while now.

"Do you still dream?"

The sudden question piqued his interest a little as he put down the leaf and laid himself down on the grassy field, watching up at the deceiving stars twinkling and shining brightly throughout the sky. If he hadn't been blown and struck by the truth, he still would've believed it was all real and beautiful.

"I guess, but not all the time, and when I do, I forget most of them."

"That's good enough," the voice muttered.

The Wanderer glanced up at the golden-haired traveler sitting next to him. She was playing with the petals of a Sumeru Rose that was just blooming by itself in front of her.

"What about it?" he asked, looking back up to the sky as he reached his hand out to its vastness.

"That means you can see Aranaras, right? You should've at least heard about them,"

Aranaras, sure. He did hear about them countless times. He remembered The Doctor mention them a lot. If memory served him right, the harbinger had planned to send his troops here in Sumeru to capture at least one of them for his experimental benefits, a sickly bastard he was and probably still is. He's done more than enough to the ex-Balladeer, there's no doubt anything could happen to a little creature under his care. The thought made him shudder a little, but he managed to hide it.

He tried to recall what he'd known so far. Aranaras were tiny creatures, they played mostly with children and were connected to the Dendro Archon. They were more powerful than they looked, and only people who can still dream could see them.

Over the past years, the people of Sumeru's ability to dream had been taken away from them. Only children were still able to do so, but eventually, once they grew up, their dreams would disappear too, along with their memories of the tiny creatures they used to play with. Even if one were standing right in front of them, they'd already be oblivious to their existence.

"I haven't had the pleasure of seeing at least one up close, but I've heard about them, yes."

The Traveler then glanced down at the Wanderer, her eyes glistening with a hint of excitement and anticipation out of nowhere. She stood up, dusted her dress off, and offered him a hand.

"We should visit Vanarana, there are so many of them there. You'll finally get to see them for yourself!"

He wanted to protest, seeing that it was already nighttime, and the girl was supposed to be back in her teapot already, sleeping her life away, but she already seemed restless. "...fine, but only for a little while."

"Aww, why?"

"You should be sleeping by now already,"

Amused, the Traveler raised a brow and smiled sheepishly afterward. "Are you concerned about me?" It only gained a roll from the Wanderer's eyes.

"Keep flattering yourself, I don't care about you."

Hoisting himself up, he flew in the air and quickly grabbed her arm as she yelped and clutched herself onto her.

"H-Hey! At least give a warning, don't just grab me like that!"

The Wanderer smirked as he searched for their destination from high up in the air. When he finally found it, he held the girl tightly in his arms.

"Hold on, don't fall on me now."

"How am I supposed to-- aaah!!"

The Wanderer had already moved forward in a flash, the air breezing through them as the corners of his lips purse up a little, enjoying the feeling of the wind slapping across his face and the Traveler that was clutching so hard on his torso.

"Open your eyes, Traveler, and stop clinging onto me so much. I'm not gonna drop you... unless you want me to."

"Don't you dare!" he laughed and smirked as the Traveler finally loosened her grip a little, her eyes fluttering open as she finally gazed at the view beneath them.

"Woah..."

She muttered in awe as she looked around them, the world was so small from their viewpoint, and everything looked so sightly, beautiful.

"There!" She pointed at a beacon nearby, and the Wanderer slowed down until it was time to descend.

They finally landed on a Statue of the Seven and let the girl down from his hold, his arms now devoid of any warmth.

Looking around, the place was full of strange and elongated circular structures, stones, and wood. There was a big (tiny) stone in the middle of the area, but there seemed to be no one residing it.

"This place looks empty, are you sure we're in the right place?"

"I'm sure," the Traveler chirped as she took out a vintage lyre from her bag.

"What's that for?"

"If you stop asking me questions and just sit back and relax your pretty face, you'll see it all soon."

"Tch."

The Wanderer spoke no longer and rolled his eyes as she walked up to a small strangely decorated stone and played a tune to it, a melody that was foreign to him.

Soon, everything around them became a little wobbly, and he wasn't used to the feeling so he closed and cover his eyes with his arm. When he heard a couple of tiny voices and quick footsteps around him, he slowly fluttered his eyes open and moved his arm away.

The sky was bright pink, and the place that was just empty a while ago was filled with so many tiny...

"...vegetables."

He blinked his eyes as he saw one standing right in front of him. It has a stupidly fixed smile plastered across its face. Its... hair...? or whatever was crowning the little creature looked like a big leaf hat, and two green petals were propelling itself above it.