8

"Two Tandoori Roast Chickens, please!"

Caravan Ribat was a bustling area full of eremites, all seemed busy with their own business as a couple of children ran past in fits of laughter that came from their mouths. Several researchers were also found all over the place, and most of them panicked over at least one thing after another. They would always look like that, most people would agree, as they watched them hurry from one place to another.

"Thank you! Mmm, smells delicious~! Aren't you eating anything, Wanderer?"

The Wanderer and Paimon were by a food stall together, ordering late lunch meals. He took the two chicken dishes from the stall that the merchant had made for them, as the floating companion relished in the smell wafting from the plates. He turned, her following beside him, as he walked to a table where the Traveler was resting.

"I'm a puppet, I don't need food." He simply responded.

"Fair enough,"

When they reached the table, he set the two dishes down, Paimon quick enough to immediately dive into her meal without second thoughts, as the Traveler smiled, happy to see her companion enjoying her food like she always did.

"Yours," the Wanderer muttered, pushing the other dish in her direction as she looked down and picked up the fork. He sat down across Paimon and next to the Traveler as he folded his arms, his face deadpanned. "If you need any drinks, I'll go back and buy some for you."

Her eyes widened, and she shook her head in protest. "There's no need! Water's fine, and I already have a bottle in my bag. You're already doing so much for me, it's not even necessary. At least let me pay you back," she said, getting ready to take mora out of her bag.

"A thank you would be enough, I don't need mora to survive," he responded, enough to make her stop and sigh, nodding before she went back to her food.

"Alright, fine. Thank you, Wanderer," she said, taking a bite from the chicken before continuing. "At least eat something,"

"I'm not famished,"

"You never are, but it tastes good. Come on, try it! Please?" she pleaded, taking a piece with a fork as she hovered it in the air close to his mouth.

"What the hell? Get that off me," his face contorted, nose wrinkled as he frowned, trying to back away. "I said I don't need food,"

"Come on, just one bite. I promise it's delicious! Just this once,"

The Wanderer, cheeks flushed, turned away, as if to see if anyone was watching them. To his relief, everyone within his sight was too busy with other things to notice them, and he turned back to the Traveler. Her eyes were terribly convincing, and he hated the way they tugged his chest as if she were doing this on purpose.

With a defeated sigh and an eye roll, he gave in. "Fine, but I can feed myself."

Just when he was about to snatch the fork away, the Traveler took it back, and he looked at her with a puzzled look. "No, no! Wait!"

"What? I thought you wanted me to eat, suddenly you're changing your mind now?"

"Put your hands down," she simply replied as he raised a brow.