Ch 2: Let Me Help You

I do not know Spanish. In fact, I failed Spanish class in high school. Any Spanish going forward I either took from the game, or looked up myself.

---

When Lord Dominator was a child, her teacher made her do these stupid lists about where she saw herself in ten years. She usually said something along the lines of world domination or galactic conquest. Savaging supplies off freshly murdered corpses never made the list. Yet here she was. The murdering was fun, but trying to clean up afterwards was grotesque. At least she could say it was educational.

These humanoids were unusual creatures. On the one hand, they appeared disturbingly similar to Dominator. While their skin seemed to vary in shades of red-orange as opposed to green, their overall proportions and silhouettes were almost exactly like her own. Slightly smaller eyes, larger nose, short ears that were rounded instead of pointy. These were all things that Dominator could easily hide to blend in easier. It was also nice to know she could rely on good old fashion sex appeal, as her breast were much fuller than those of the one female she shot in the head. She just hoped finding a bra in her size wasn't too difficult.

The opposite extremes made Dominator straight up bewildered. The most noticeable difference between the locals and herself, of course, was her skin and blood. If she had to guess, the locals had more iron in their bodies and little to no sulfur, while she was the opposite. Iron was by no means harmful to her, but getting enough sulfur oxide could prove challenging. There was also the fact that the locals had five digits per hand, which was almost unheard of. Most sentient life forms had three or four digits, as evolution tended to find any more than that unnecessary.

And the weirdest thing of all was the circuitry. While examining the bodies, Dominator couldn't help but notice the metal implants they had. At first she thought they were prosthetics or maybe some kind of reinforcement for extreme conditions. But then she noticed that their eyes were metal and she found broken computer chips in the now faceless man's skull cavity.

He put a computer. In his brain.

That's when she noticed the ports and wires on the other two bodies. They all computerized their bodies.

"What the actual grop?" Dominator whispered, suddenly finding this planet much less appealing. In all her years of travel and super villainy, she had never encountered anything like this. Why would you put a computer in your brain? Wearing a neurologic reader was the galactic standard for brain-computer interfaces. It always required some calibration, but it was reliable. She even had one in her battle suit. But these people went to the extreme, and seemed to put the reader inside the brain.

Deciding to figure it out later, she moved on to weapons. One person had a combat knife, which was always useful. Another person had a blood-stained pipe. Dominator smirked at the idea of beating a person's skull in with random junk. She couldn't say it wasn't effective, but decided to keep just the knife.

Like many other things with these bandits, their blasters were just plain weird. Again, you had your standard affair of pistols and rifles, but they all used solid metal ammo. Either these bandits were incredibly stupid, or the humanoids of this planet had not yet developed energy based weaponry. Energy weapons were lighter, more efficient, easier to aim, and not super-duper loud.

"Oh boy. Now I have to worry about going deaf, too," Dominator moaned.

Dominator only took the pistol she had already used. It was simple enough to figure out without shooting herself on accident and the revolving chamber would be easy to reload. After swiping all the ammo, as well as the female's pants and holster for good measure, she went outside.

The morning sun filled Dominator with warmth and a hopeful spark. Life would probably be difficult until she found a way off planet. However, she could take solace in the face that she didn't have to worry about freezing to death. With a small smile, Dominator put on her new, slightly bloodied pants before checking out the bandits' ride.