FIVE. (the bet)

CHERRY FLAVOURED | CHAPTER FIVE
(LET'S MAKE THIS INTERESTING... )
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

― Albert Einstein

  Things were at least turning out to be better today

  Things were at least turning out to be better today. Xavier was silent in our other classes and when we arrived at fencing, the coach separated the two of us.

"for today, the two of you can choose a different partner," He said as he approached the two of us. "thank you Jesus" I let out, tipping my head back and looking upwards.

"Adelaide, do you seriously want to be kicked out of class again?" Coach warned and I sighed. "fine" I shot Xavier a glare before grabbing my equipment and moving to a free mat.

"Need a partner?" I looked up and met Ajax's smiling face.

"Coach made Yoko go with Xavier, against her will" He explained and I laughed. Ajax was holding his hand out and I accepted the help up.

The two of us took our positions and began, moving forwards and backwards on the mat as we fenced. "come on, yesterday with Xavier you used so much more effort" Ajax taunted me and I glared at him.

"fine" I let out, moving forward swiftly and hitting my blade on his chest. As I moved back to go again, Ajax turned to the door, his hand reaching for his mask.

I furrowed my brows and lifted my mask too, following his eyes to the girl in all black walking through the room.

She was ignoring the students as she walked down the centre of the room, her long black braids sitting perfectly on her shoulders. I shared a look with Ajax as the girl passed.

I learned her name from Enid. Or more like, Enid used her creepy and stalkerish ways to find out everything she could about her, and posted it on her blog which informed many other students at the school, Yoko read it, was next to Bianca and Bianca told me.

Xavier pulled his mask off too as she walked by, a few students stopping. I turned to the front of the class and Bianca was paired with Rowan, Xavier's roommate.

Bianca had gotten the upper hand and Rowan was soon tumbling back onto the mat with a grunt. He sat up and removed his mask. "coach, coach, she tripped me" The boy annoyingly tattled.

Bianca removed her mask as well. Coach informed the boy that it was a clean strike. "Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck" Bianca bluntly said.

Wednesday Addams was stopped in front of the pair and my eyes were drawn to the situation. "seriously, coach, when am I gonna get real competition? Anyone else want to challenge me?"

"I do"

Bianca turned at this and I watched, standing closer to Ajax now. "oh shit" He mumbled and I bit back my laugh.