SIX. (nevermore freak in the wild)

CHERRY FLAVOURED | CHAPTER SIX
(OH I AM LOVING THIS...)
"I intend to put up with nothing that I can put down."

― Edgar Allan Poe

     "Xavier apparently saved that psycho girl's life" A student gossiped with one of their friends and I turned slightly, listening to the conversation

    "yeah, and he's waiting in the infirmary for her. Guess he and Bianca are for sure over" I furrowed my brows as I continued to walk toward my dorm.

    "There you are, so many people are talking about what happened in fencing today" Yoko caught up to me and I laughed.

    "yeah, never doubt the talents of Bianca, especially fencing" I shrugged. "Ajax told me about the bet" She added and I bit back a cocky smile.

    "interesting information you are getting" I shrugged and walked into our room, heading straight for my bed. "the harvest festival is this weekend, you coming?" She asked from across the room.

    "I guess, at least check it out"

    "wait, don't you have to go to Jericho for your appointment right now?" Yoko asked and I groaned. "I'll take that as a yes" She laughed, moving to my side of the room and tossing me a sweater.

    "don't make me go" I whined as Yoko tried to pull me from my spot.

    "stop making your body go limp" She let out in anger, dragging me by my foot from the bed.

    "stop forcing me out of bed then" I argued.

    "you're being a baby"

    "boo hoo"

    "Adelaide Weems I swear to god I'll get your mother if you don't leave for your appointment now" The threat made me shake her hands off my foot and stand. A pout on my face.

    "Why do you even care?"

    "Because I am not rooming with a psycho who has everything in her head, alone in her head. Go release some of the crazy"

    "rude" I scoffed, grabbing the sweater she tossed at me earlier and walking out of the room. It's not like I had some out worldly hatred for the therapist almost every Nevermore kid saw but it's also not like I wanted to be seeing a therapist.

    Dr. Kinbott's office was always cold. There was a chilling feeling every time I stepped in and I swear I could feel it down to my bones. I sat on the couch across from her and she let a slight smile dance lightly on her face.

    "nice to see you again Adelaide, even though you are half an hour late" Dr. Kinbott greeted and I sent her a glare. My mother thought that since my dad was now off in Europe with his mistress creating a new family, it would be beneficial to "my growth" to have a place to open up.