NINE. (rowan fucking laslow)

CHERRY FLAVOURED | CHAPTER NINE
(I DO LIKE STABBING...)
"I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind"

― Edgar Allen Poe

 "Addy, Enid said she's gonna claw your eyes out if you're late again" Yoko shook my shoulder and I groaned

    "no she didn't you psycho" I let out, bringing my hand to my face and rubbing at my eyes. "so what, maybe I will if you force me to go alone again"

    "We already made the stupid boat. What more does this girl want?" I asked, picking my head up slightly.

    "to paint it and add some extra touches to it bozo" Yoko pointed out before snapping to get me to look over at her. "which glasses should I wear today?" She asked, holding up two pairs of sunglasses.

    I yawned before pointing to the pair in her left hand. I watched for a second as she sipped her breakfast through a straw.

    "I'm exhausted." I let out, swinging my feet over the edge of my bed and standing. Ignoring the way my head throbbed. "wait, it's not even time for us to go out. Why'd you wake me?" I asked when I looked down at my phone.

    "so that you wouldn't be late" She shrugged and I scoffed. "Enid wants us to meet up in like three hours" Yoko sent me another shrug and walked off with a wave.

    It didn't take me long to get ready for the day and I left the room just a bit after Yoko. I took the long way around the corridor to extend how long it was already going to take me to make it out to the field where Enid was gathering us to work on the Poe cup boat.

    I had to admit, it was fun. It was most frustrating when we lost and not being able to be on Bianca's team was another annoying factor but there were quite literally no rules. Anything goes.

    I was going to pass by my mother's office and see how things were. If they found out what happened the night before. If Rowan was somehow okay.

    Even though I didn't like the boy and I knew he didn't like me, if he was dead it still sucked. The one thing he did do for me which wasn't technically something I could thank him for was getting kicked out of the Nightshades.

    His spot could have become mine, I declined though as it seemed to only fuel my hatred of Xavier. Even though others figured it would lessen it.

    I turned the corner to my mom's office and stopped in my tracks. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped slightly when I saw Rowan fucking Laslow standing there in the middle of the hallway.

    He was perfectly fine and when I looked past him and into my mother's office there stood Sheriff Galpin and Wednesday Addams staring at the boy too.