Chapter 1 - Run

Blayk wakes up in a metal box not knowing who she is, how she got here, or where she is exactly. She calls out not hearing anything back. She looks down at her clothes: shorts, a cropped checkered shirt, a jacket, and boots.

 She looks down at her clothes: shorts, a cropped checkered shirt, a jacket, and boots

The box goes up faster and eventually stops with a red light surrounding her. Suddenly she's blinded by a bright light. A boy jumps in examining her.

"Who is it?" a dark-skinned boy asks

"It's a girl," the boy that jumped in the box says

He starts to move toward her and she starts to back away. Her back hits the back of the cage. He continues to move towards her. She climbs out and starts running terrified and not remembering a thing. She hears them cheer and whistle.

"We have another runner!" she hears someone yell

"Hey, you think she'll fall as greenie did?" Gally asks

Everyone chuckles at the comment made by Gally.

"Hey guys, she's not stopping..." Chuck says

Everyone looks at her and sees that she's almost at the entrance of the maze. They all start running after her trying to stop her from entering. Suddenly Minho and Ben come out of the maze and bump into her.

"Hey, hey, hey you're okay no one is going to hurt you," Minho says calming her down.

"She looks at him with terror in her eyes. The rest of the boys catch up to her and she looks around at them.

"Where am I?" she asks terror lining every word

"The glade," Ben says

"Why can't I remember anything?" she says

"Your name will come back in a day or two. Everything else is gone forever. I'm Gally by the way" Gally says

Two boys grab her and tie her up then throw her in a cell-type building. She goes towards the door as they close it and lock her in.

"What the hell?!" she yells

They just walk away. She sits down on the ground while mumbling curse words - the one thing she remembers fully - and eventually falls asleep. She suddenly wakes up to someone yelling.

"Please!! Help me!!" she hears someone yell

Suddenly she hears someone coming. He heads to the cell next to her. She gets up and heads to the bars leading outside.

"He's awake! And so is the girl!" he says briefly looking at her

He enters the cell next to hers and she hears their conversation

"Who are you?"

"Just relax. You'll be out of here soon enough."

"But why am I tied up?"