XI - all your hopeless hearts

"Okay, so how do we make that bastard pay?" Jisung said once everyone had reconvened in the hospital room, and began talking about what to do from there.

Minho shrugged. "I don't care about that. More importantly, how do we explain my miraculous recovery? Or you guys reappearing?"

"You might not care, but I do, I always knew Officer Choi was a sneaky little bitch, and I should have done something about it-"

"What would you have done?" Changbin raised an eyebrow.

"I'd-" Jisung floundered. "Well, I- I don't know, I should've punched him or something." He paused. "I still could."

"I think Minho's points are slightly more important." Chan said carefully. "We need to come up with a good cover story for all of this."

At that moment, their manager poked his head through the door, and took in the scene with a measured amount of resignation on his face. "I don't know if I want to ask," He said, "Or if it's something I'm better off not knowing."

"I have an amazing immune system?" Minho offered. "But uh, yeah, I think... you might want to ask the police to investigate why I collapsed. I'm not pointing any fingers, or anything, but... it was definitely Officer Choi, he has the eyes of a murderer."

"And an ugly face." Jisung added.

"I haven't even met the guy but he gives me seriously bad vibes." Chan said.

"And it's not like I would just faint of my own accord," Minho continued, "I'm built different."

"Right." Their manager rubbed a hand over his face. "I'll ask them to look into it. And you three," His eyes landed on Jisung, Chan, and Hyunjin, "I'll have to report your return to the company now, so you'd better be ready with that cover story."

"Oh, I was born ready." Jisung grinned. "I'm an amazing liar."

"Your story about a walk by the Han river begs to differ. I'll have you know that I don't believe a word of it."

"Well, it would help if you did."

"I'm sorry, but I do value my job."

They had that evening to convene at the dorms and... sort everything out, so to say. The first priority was making sure that all the vampires were fed, namely Minho since he'd been freshly turned and had practically zero control. The second was coming up with that cover story, as apparently they had a meeting with the company tomorrow morning. 

Whilst everyone else was in the living room discussing it, Jisung and Minho were in the kitchen, preparing to eat. 

Jisung had grabbed two blood bags from the fridge, and laid them out on the table. He noticed that the supply was getting quite sparse, but Chan would probably already have ordered more, so he shouldn't worry about it.

Meanwhile, Minho was rummaging around in the cabinets. "Where is it?" 

"Uh, Minho?" Jisung pushed the bag of blood across the counter. "Are you gonna- Do you need me to leave, or-"

"Oh, found it!" Minho held a straw in his hands, and he grabbed the bag, piercing it with the straw, and proceeded to start drinking it like it was an interesting cocktail. "Mm, it actually doesn't taste bad, who would've thought?"

Jeongin shuffled round the corner and froze when he saw the blood. "Oh, sorry guys, I was coming in here to start on the pizza, I thought you'd be done already..."

"Go ahead," Jisung murmured exasperatedly, unable to mask his jealousy, "He is completely unbothered." Unlike himself, who felt the need to hide in the darkest corner possible when he ate. Sometimes he wished his anxiety had a physical form so he could grab it by the neck and strangle it.