X

A beep sounded as the recording machine booted up. A gloved hand reached out, slotted in a disk and hit the PLAY button.

Talk to me, Doctor.

Actually, I'd rather we reviewed the footage from the camera we concealed in the plane. Keith, do your thing.

Silence.

Stop. Play it back. A bit farther. A bit farther. Now, watch again Miss Grey. Right from there, Keith. Play it again.

Another lapse into silence, punctured by a sudden intake of breath.

You saw it, didn't you? A natural repelling force. Very unusual

This changes everything, Doctor. But the missile exploded right next to him, so he could've still gotten killed.

Not quite, Miss Grey. The force was enough to direct the rocket away from him. The ground took on most of the impact, and he seemed to be concealed by the explosion rather than be harmed by it.

What about the gunshot wounds?

It seems like our friend here has a bit of a flaw in his.....er, superpower? Can I call it superpower?

No.

Right you are, Miss. Anyway, impending damage at close range isn't easily repelled, so that explains that.

And Gold?

Nothing like the sort. He was up and out of range when the explosion happened.

Thank you Doctor. You may leave now.

The gloved hand reached out again and pressed the STOP button.

Demetria Grey picked up a bell from her desk and rang it. Almost immediately, a man swooped in elegantly, carrying a tea set in one hand and a file in another. He set them down, bowed and retreated, closing the door softly behind him.

Grey picked up the file and scanned its contents. Her eyes narrowed the further she read.

Judith Esperanza. Head of The Bloodthirsty, a notorious gang and drug cartel responsible for drug production and distribution, kidnapping, armed robbery and murder. A diagnosis of bipolarity and violent behavior proven by medical records. Cunning, calculated and always planning her every move effectively, rendering her impossible to capture. Mother to Clarissa Esperanza, a spoiled, manipulative seventeen year old.

Location: Manchester, United Kingdom.

Sources hint at a major drug sale planned out which Esperanza plans to attend. Time: unknown. Date: unknown.

Cover: The Foxes, a happily married couple with two children move into their new home, trying to adjust to a new life. Mr Halloway is a businessman, dealing with electronics and Miss Halloway runs a restaurant.

Objective: The children are to initiate and solidify a relationship with Clarissa before, during and after school hours in order to obtain information with respect to the drug sale, with the adults serving as primary protection and alternative sources of obtaining related information not accessible by the children.

This mission is hereby tagged a Class A mission. Agents selected are to undergo a review on firearm and hand to hand combat training, as well as lessons in oral speech and the Spanish language.

Agents are mandated to scout the area for possible signs of listening and viewing equipment such as concealed microphones, bugs, cameras, etc.

With respect to the Cover section, Agents may retain their default personalities and first names. Code names are not to be used publicly in this mission.

Agents are to vacate the area immediately the information has been obtained, received and verified. Agents may subdue, rather than eliminate any threat, if they can.

Agents: Christian Keys(Mr Fox)
Maria Friday(Mrs Fox)
Chloe Keys (Chloe Fox)
Kingsley Hart(Kingsley Fox)

Head of Operations: Sign here.....................

Demetria Grey reached into the tray of the tea set and picked up a fountain pen, glanced at the file once more and signed with a flourish.

Patience, Kingsley Hart. Everything about your parents will be revealed in time.