3 Newt

I was running through the Maze like any day. Newt and I always met for lunch in the Maze.
Alby and Minho became like older brothers to me but Newt, I felt something different for him, but I didn't know what.

I arrived a couple minutes early excited to see Newt, even though we do this every day.
After about 30 minutes passed the time we would normally meet, he still didn't arrive.
I began to worry making me feel sick. I started to run panicked to find Newt. 20 straight minutes of running passed and I stopped to calm down out of breath. 'He probably just forgot, or found something interesting. He's fine he has to be' I thought.

My heart almost stopped when I turned a corner.
There he was, Newt. He was lying on his side with his right leg pulled up and his arms wrapped around it. I could hear him sobbing deep, painful cries that made my chest hurt.

   "No, no no, Newt! Please be all right. Please."

Quickly I ran up to him, crashing to my knees beside him, my knees hit the concrete hard sending pain up my bones but I didn't care.

     "Newt." I plead. Finally, I breath when he turns to look at me, eyes full of pain, tears roll down his cheeks.
I look down noticing his right leg, the one he was holding in very bad condition.

I look over the rest of his body, he had some leaves stuck in his hair. My mind put together what had happened it just hurt me more. Newt jumped, he must have tried to end it but got tangled in the vines.

     "I'm sorry." Newt spoke, his voice broken and quiet.

     "It's okay. You're okay." I just noticed that I have been crying the whole time.
He had cuts and gashes all over his arms and body.
I notice quite a large gash on his arm, blood was  flowing out, a lot of blood. I look around for something to use but resort to pulling off my shirt leaving me in just a bra, but at this moment I didn't care all I cared about was Newt living.
I wrap and press my shirt around his arm.

    "I'm sorry Newt." I tell him through tears as I move his leg slightly and pull him into a sitting position. "We're gonna need to get up. Okay?"

He gave me a nod. Newt was obviously heavier than me, making things a challenge but I wouldn't leave him.
I held onto him pulling him up, trying my best not to cause him any more pain.

Slowly we started walking with every step Newt lurched his face wincing in pain.
At the pace we were going we wouldn't make it to the Glade before the doors shut.

I scream for help as loud as I possibly can my throat hurting. I was positive every single Griever could hear me but I didn't care.

Five minutes later I see Alby and Minho running towards us, my lungs sore and my eyes swollen from crying.

   "What's going on-." Minho stops when he sees me crying and then notices Newt leaning against me. I see the worry fill both of the boys faces as they looks at Newt.

    "W-we have to get him out." I say through tears.

Alby nods, the two boys run over quietly grabbing away from me.
We drag Newt out of the Maze just barely making it through the doors before they shut. Newt fell unconscious not long after that.
I stand there unmoving as tears run down my face. I watch as the Med-jacks took Newt away.
When he disappeared into the Med-hut I walked, not muttering a word to anyone heading straight for my hut. I pull on another shirt and with that I ran into the woods climbing up my tree.

I stayed up there for a week only coming down for food and water never talking to anyone. Not knowing if Newt was dead or alive, but I learned something, I learned how much I truly loved Newt not just as a friend but actually love him and I couldn't lose him.

Early in the morning I heard someone calling my name, I ignored him until he was directly under my tree.

    "(Y/n), please come down." It was Minho.

When I don't answer he says something else.

    "(Y/n). He's asking for you. Newt, he wants you. Please." When Minho says that I almost fall out of the tree.

I regain my balance and climb down. Minho gives me a small smile when I come down.

   "Where is he?" I say holding back tears.

    "Follow me." Minho says and he walks off.

I follow him as he leads me to the newly built Med-hut. I walk in and see Newt laying in a bed. Not being able to hold my tears back I just let them go as I sit beside the bed. Newt holds his hand out for me and I take it.

    "Hey, hey, (Y/n) I'm alright." Newt says trying to calm me down.

    "What were you thinking?" I ask with a slight hint of anger.

   "I'm sorry alright." Newt says with sadness in his eyes.

    "NO! I waited for 30 minutes, 30 minutes and I find you almost dead!" I yell as tears spill out.

    "I'm sorry, I just couldn't live like this anymore." He says.

    "What?"

    "I hate the Maze. I hate this place, I just... I just thought that it would be better, I thought that no one would care-" He said before I interrupted.

    "No, you didn't think! You know I hate this place too! But I spent the whole week broken thinking you were dead."

    "Why do you care so much anyway?" Newt accidentally yelled.

    "Because, because I love you!" I yell before realizing what I said, I look at Newt his face surprised.
I turn around to leave but am stopped by a tight grip around my arm. I turn around to face Newt. With the quick moment his hand Newt pulls me down to him. My heart skipped a beat as my lips met his.
The weight of the fear of losing each other melting away in that single moment. The Glade stood still, the sounds of nature hushed in reverence as their kiss deepened.
In that moment we both knew that no matter what challenges we faced, we would face them together.

After a bit we pull away my face red and his too.

    "(Y/n). I love you too, since the moment I saw you, you were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen." He says that surprising me.

I sit down beside him and smile.

He stayed there for one more week the during that time a new Glader arrived. But for that whole week I didn't leave Newt's side. I found out that Newt actually woke up two days after the incident but just didn't talk to anybody.

When Newt was finally dismissed from the Med-hut I helped him get used to walking agains. Newt also got almost back to normal, he had a limp. And because of that he can't be a Runner anymore.

Newt and I start dating it wasn't long until everyone knew about us. I stayed a Runner for three more months and three more Greenies. I was the fastest of the Runners even faster than Minho, only by a bit though.

Every day I ran out of the Maze straight into Newt's arms. I kiss him before heading to the mapping room then the shower.

Everything was normal until one day as I was running in the Maze I turned a corner one wall. I almost fell backwards.