🍓Strawberry Jam🍓

"Ow! That hurt..."

"Well stop picking at it and I'll stop hitting your hand away." Denis sighed and slouched in his chair. He looked around the small, cottage-like room as a younger man cleaned a cut on his leg.

He sat on a fluffy looking circular bed and his sparkling, transparent wings drooped beside him. He had dreadlocks with wooden beads and other accessories added in. Half of his hair was wrapped up into a bun. Some still hung in his face. He tried to tuck some of the extra behind his pointed ear. His soft hands were like the chocolate frosting on a cake.

"You look angry," Denis mumbled, swinging his other leg back and forth.

"Because this is the second time you've been here in a week." The younger man replied, as he poured some liquid onto a cotton pad. He put it directly on Denis' cut without warning.

Denis hissed out of pain but soon smiled. "C'mon. I know you love to see me." He leaned forward. The man stopped and glared at him through the dreads that had fallen back into his face.

"When you're not bleeding, yes." He rolled his eyes, fixed his hair again, and went back to fixing Denis' wound. He took a gause and placed it on the cut. He then put some medical tape on it to hold it down. He soon let go of his friend's leg and stood up. He went to a cabinet behind Denis.

As he did so, he lightly placed a hand on Denis' shoulder and pushed him to sit up right.

"Sit straight. It's not good for your spine." He said as he prepared something at the counter.

"You sound like my mom."

"Is that a bad thing? She's a lovely woman."

"Well..no but–"

"Shut up and eat this." He held out a baked pastry. Strawberry jelly oozed out from the top of it. Denis cupped it in his hands with caution to make sure nothing fell onto his leaf-like clothes. He looked it over while his friend sat back down on the bed with his legs crossed.

"Are you trying to poison me again, Sub?" Denis asked.

"That was one time!" His friend groaned. "Just eat it. It'll help restore the blood that your body needs to survive which you've so gratefully deprived it of. It'll also make it heal faster." Denis shrugged and took a bite, holding a hand under his mouth for the stray jelly falling out. He shivered slightly.

"It always feels like a little shock wave on the first bite." He laughed with his mouth full. Sub shushed him.

"Don't speak with food in your mouth, dumbass! You could choke!" He got up again and went over to the door. "Now get out." He gestured to the door.

"What? You're just gonna kick your best friend out."

"No. Because they're not here right now. But I will kick you out for bothering me on my day off!" Denis put his shoes back on. He stood up, fluttering his wings to keep his leg off the ground just in case it was still irritated. He went over and lifted Sub up from the ground.

"Aw you're a sweetheart, aren't you?" Denis cheered as he spun around while holding Sub captive in a hug.

"God I wish I had poisoned that tart." Sub grumbled. Denis let go of him, patting his short friend on the head before flying out the door.

"I hope you run into a branch again!" Sub called from his house.

"Choke on a cupcake!" Denis rebutled with a smile. He looked around the huge tree of the main village. He looked around for a certain structure.

He smiled as he saw it on the ground floor. He zipped down to it, getting a few angry remarks from the people he'd cut off.

Denis landed–with caution–on the cut back grass. Two mice ran past him, chasing one another. He stuck out his hand to graze their fur. They were up to about his knee. They were still babies after all.

Denis walked around as bunnies, mice, squirrels, and other small critters wandered around. He searched around for someone. Once he found them, he ran ahead and shoved somebody as they were feeding a blue jay.

They spun around with their hands up but relaxed as they realized who it was. His attention quickly turned to the bandage on Denis' leg.

"What happened?!" They called. Denis brushed it off.

"Relax Ethan. Just a little fall. Besides, Sub fixed it up for me." Ethan shoved Denis' shoulder.

"I told you to leave him alone on his day off." Ethan turned back to the bird with seeds in his hands. They were about the size of his whole hand.

"I was gonna stop by and say hi in the first place...then I ran into a branch," Ethan laughed and rolled his eyes. Denis looked around the area again. There were sick or hurt animals around being treated. Denis smiled as he watched. 'I always wanted to be an animal fairy,' he thought to himself.

Something caught his eye. A head poked their head out from behind a rabbit. They looked around cautiously before softly sneaking out of the section of shade that the tree covered. They spotted Denis looking and nervously waved before trying to run off.

Ethan must have noticed. He chucked a seed at them. It hit them in the back of the head. The bird ran over, not flying because its wing was healing. It trampled them as it looked for the seed.

Ethan walked over with his arms crossed. He looked down at the person on the ground that looked almost identical to him.

They smiled and waved as they tried to push the bird off. Ethan squinted his eyes.

"What do you think you're doing?" Ethan asked, reaching down and yanking the person up.

"Nothin'. Just looking at this beautiful weather we're having,"

"Well, you're grounded. You should be in your room."

"I thought you guys lived alone-" Denis chimed in. Ethan turned to him to speak. His brother quickly attempted to run off. Ethan held onto him with both hands. He turned back to Elijah.

"Show him what you did," He demanded.

"I don't wanna." Elijah muttered, prying at his brother's arms. Ethan spun him around and pulled his mouth open. He pointed to a missing tooth in his brother's mouth.

"He knocked out his adult tooth!" Elijah snapped his mouth closed, attempting to catch Ethan's finger.

"It's only one," He scoffed. "I've still got like–thirty something more." Ethan let go of him. He quickly attempted an escape again.

Ethan kicked out Elijah's feet and he fell on the ground. Ethan placed a foot on his brother's back.

"How'd you do that?" Denis asked.

"He was off racing again," Ethan crossed his arms again.

"I was not!" Elijah blurted out. Ethan dug his foot on his back. "Ow! Get off of me!" He thrashed around and kicked like a toddler. Ethan bent down and grabbed Elijah by the ear. He turned to Denis and his pissed off expression turned to a happy one.

"Nice seeing you Denis!" Ethan smiled as he dragged his brother along with him. Denis waved back, slightly concerned that they were gonna kill each other if they were left alone.