09. "Dimples."

" Almost,
Almost is never enough."
____
Althea

Nikolai has dimples.

No matter his shitty personality, his smile was the most beautiful expression I've ever seen on a human in a long time. His plump lips appeared more red the more he smiled at me. He offered me the most childish grin I've ever seen.

And it was infuriating.

I wonder what his laugh sounds like.

No. I'm mad, remember?

"If you think this is funny, you can be assured your business with my father won't happen." I remind him.

"So you're a Daddy's Girl, uh ?" He smirks down at me, still not moving an inch as I start to back up slowly. His tone changed quickly, the man who ignored me the whole week was now long gone.

Daddy's girl who was he kidding? I raised myself by myself, idiot.

"I am to be your future assistant, show some professionalism." I simply state, my stare still battling the flame with his.

"Difficult when you're standing half naked in front of me." His stare holds mine, never looking under my neck. The man had such self-control, it was fascinating. Truthfully, it was the only good trait in him.

"You are the one who undressed me last night, I suppose it's not my fault." I cross my arms, spitting the words at him. He saw my body, he touched my skin.

I replay the words in my head.

My future boss undressed me.

A mere stranger.

God, I am so fucked.

"Why? Do you like the idea of  me undressing you, Althea ?" His deep voice echoes into my ears, his body closer to mine. His smirk was only growing as I burned in front of him. He was trying to make me nervous.

This little shit.

"Would you enjoy prison after I report you ?" I put on a big smile on my face as I answer back sarcastically, crossing my arms around my chest a little bit tighter than before, feeling a rush of excitement runs through my body.

I would have never thought being sarcastic and provocative with someone could feel that good before.

"Depends. Will you be my last meal, love ?" He didn't even budge, not a single hint of embarrassment in his voice, like he meant every words he said.

This all felt like a weird dream, like it wasn't Nikolai in front of me but a whole different man. Or maybe I was still drunk from yesterday.

No matter how hard I fought, the redness increased in my cheeks before I could even control it. I felt his eyes on me and I knew he was smiling.

Did he just flirt with me?

And he made me blush?

He thought he won.

"Don't call me that."

"Call you what, love ?" He whispers as I stare into his eyes, cursing his small smirk.