5.

"This is so exciting!" Carol beamed.

"I'm here! I cannot believe it!" Lucy exclaimed as she ran towards Carol. "I'm actually here!"

"What a wonderful surprise," Carol said as she hugged her niece. "I didn't know you were coming."

"Uncle Scott brought me," Lucy said with a proud smile.

"And we tagged along!" Neil said as he and Laura appeared in front of Carol and Lucy.

"Hey! Hey! Hi!" Carol greeted in excitement. "Oh, it's tall people..." She looked down at Lucy. "Not that you're not tall."

"Surprise!" Laura said. "Hello! Oh, you look wonderful."

"Really?"

"You are glowing!" Laura complimented.

"What did you think of my parents?" Carol asked.

"They slept the entire trip," Laura answered. She looked around the Pole. "This is amazing! Can we see the workshop?"

"Yes. Go right in!" Carol said as she pointed to the large building. "Go ahead." The two adults started to make there way to the shop. "Oh, wait, wait, wait! You know that my mom and dad can't know we're at Santa's workshop in the North Pole, right?"

"Well, where do they think we are?" Neil asked.

***

"Welcome to Canada!" The elves exclaimed. They all stood in front of Carol's parents who had just woken up. All the elves were wearing clothes that said Canada on it. "Eh?"

"An easy flight, we cruised right through customs," Scott said.

"Oh, what a strange flight," Bud said.

"It was like a dream," Sylvia gushed. "And such a nice meal."

"They gave you a meal?" Bud asked. "I got four nuts in a pouch." He turned to Scott. "And you had us sit in coach."

"No, that was first class," Sylvia corrected. "And I got a chance to sit next to Tony Bennett."

It was obvious to Scott that Sandman had picked his favorite between Bud and Sylvia.

"Mom! Dad!" Carol called as she squeezed through the many elves.

"Sweetheart! Sweetheart," Bud exclaimed, showing the first sign of kindness that Scott had seen from him. "Come here."

"Oh, you!" Sylvia began, as Carol hugged her two parents. "Look at you, look at you." Sylvia caught sight of Carol's baby bump. "And look at this, look at this. It could be twins."

"But since you married the toymaker, we don't get a lot of information." Bud said with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh, honey, just stop it, OK?" Sylvia shushed. "Sweetheart, I am just so happy to see you, darling."

"I'm so happy to see you, too, Mom," Carol hugged her mother once again.

"And, I'm sure you have a perfectly good reason for shutting us out of your life," Sylvia said. Scott and Carol both winced at her words.

***

"Magnificent," Laura said as her, Neil, and Lucy looked at the workshop. "It's amazing."

"Killer," Neil said.

"Mom! Neil!" Y/N shouted. Her and Bernard were looking over things with toy production, when Y/N caught sight of her long-distance family. She grabbed Bernard's shirt sleeve and dragged him away from the stuffed animal he was looking at.