Library

People kept entering Dark's room checking on him, so he went to the library. Host was there, but he wouldn't bother Dark. On purpose, at least. His narrations were unintentionally making his head pound.

He groaned and rubbed his forehead. Suddenly, the door to the library opened and Y/n came in. "Dark? Are you in here?" Dark cursed under his breath and groaned, which of course captured their attention. "...I got soda."

"Sure you did," he said sarcastically.

"I did." They held up a coca-cola bottle. "And... yes, I did get cold medicine too."

"Well, you wasted your money." They opened their mouth to say something, but Dark stopped paying attention. Then they started talking to The Host, which he also ignored. After a few minutes of ignoring them, he just left the library and went to his room.

He laid down on his bed and just stayed there, unable to fall asleep because of how stuffed up his stupid nose was. Maybe cold medicine wasn't the worst idea after all.

He groaned and buried his face in his pillow. "Y/NNNNN!!!" Right after calling for them, he launched into a short coughing fit. They came in with a concerned frown. Dark caught his breath after a moment. "...Just give me the cold medicine."

"Oh, so now you want the—"

"Not... right now. Just give it to me." They nodded and went to go get the medicine. They came back with it in a medicine cup and gave it to him. They were saying something about the side effects, but Dark, once again, stopped paying attention and just took the medicine.

"Now, it's also gonna cause some—"

"Yeah, yeah. Just... don't tell Dr. Iplier about this. He'll lecture me on it for hours on end and I won't get any sleep..."

They shrugged. "Alright. I won't tell him."

"Thanks..." He sighed and laid down again.

As if on cue, he walked into the room. "...What are you two doing?"

Y/n hid the medicine bottle behind their back. "Having a private conversation. Go away."

"..." He looked at Dark, then at Y/n. Realization seemed to dawn on him. "...Oh. Am I... interrupting something... important?"

They looked at eachother and both became flustered. Y/n violently shook their head. "No, no, no! Well... yes, but nothing like that!"

"I thought you guys were, like, gonna kiss or something."

"Why would you think that?!" Y/n yelled. He just shrugged and Y/n rolled their eyes. "We're busy. Go away."

"Fine." He shook his head and left, closing the door behind him.

After that, they sat in an awkward silence. "A–alright, I'm gonna go, too..." Y/n said after a while.

"O–okay..." They got up and left.

Dark sat there and waited for the medicine to kick in. It sure was taking its time.