one

Chapter One: Percy Saves A Goddess, Some Random Guy, and a Panda Pillow Pet

"Oh hey, Percy"

Percy Jackson was having a really shitty time

Percy Jackson was having a really shitty time. Not only had he just suddenly gained consciousness with no real idea of who he was or where he was, but for the past three days he had been relentlessly chased by gorgons. Who he couldn't kill and they couldn't kill him, a cycle he was getting really tired of repeating.

He then had to slide down a hill that led to the highway, on a metal tray after learning that the gorgons were after him for revenge. He doesn't even remember killing Medusa. But clearly, it's coming back to bite him in the ass. Percy wanted a refund for the absolute shitshow the past few months have been.

He woke up with his clothes tattered, and no shoes, and then was surrounded by a pack of literal wolves. Their pack leader, Lupa the she-wolf, informed him that he had a quest to complete. Not exactly the news that he wanted to get but it's what he got. Lupa also slightly suggested that she didn't believe that he could complete the quest, so now Percy was determined to complete the damn thing solely out of spite.

The part of the quest that confused Percy? Lupa made it very clear that Percy needed to recuse a son of Hades from his future. When Percy asked, "Am I preventing him from making a bad decision?" Lupa just walked away laughing. Very helpful.

Percy now was currently faced with 'which random tunnel do I choose to prevent being killed by gorgons?' He then chose the magical tunnel that he just noticed and wasn't a part of the original two choices. What drew him to the said magical tunnel was the two kids standing guard in front of it, they were wearing an interesting mix of plumed Roman helmets, breastplates, scabbards, blue jeans, purple T-shirts, and white athletic shoes.

He was pretty sure that the guard on the right was a girl, but he honestly couldn't tell due to the armor. The guard on the left was a stocky guy with a bow and quiver on his back. Both of them held long wooden staffs that had iron spear tips, they looked like old-fashioned harpoons.

Percy's internal radar was going off like a car alarm when someone can't find their car in a parking garage, annoying and unsure of where exactly you're going.  After so many horrible days, he'd finally reached his goal. His instincts told him that if he could make it inside that door, he might find safety for the first time since the wolves had sent him south.

So why did he feel such dread, and where is the son of Hades that he is supposed to rescue?

Behind him, farther up the hill, the gorgons were scrambling over the roof of the apartment complex. Solid, he had a few minutes to save his ass, probably. At this point, he felt like the only option was to run to the door in the hill. He'd have to cross to the median of the highway, but then it would be a short sprint. He could make it before the gorgons reached him.