three

Chapter Three: Nico, Some Random Beanpole, and an Angel

"Who's the pretty one?"

Kade did his best to shift his weight slightly when his leg began to fall asleep when Reyna flinched for her dagger again, her dogs following suit and growling at Kade

"Come on, I just asked you to put that away! Can you keep it away, please? It's not like I wanted to know about a million possible different realities so I would appreciate it if you could understand that I am not wielding that knowledge like a weapon." Kade complained, rubbing a hand across his face.

"What do you know? Why were you kept for 73 years? Who did it, and how did they do it?" Reyna asked, her eyes never moving from Kade despite his annoyed shifting.

"I know about the prophecy of the eight, me being the eighth. I was kept for 73 years because I need to be alive today for this prophecy to happen. Hera did that, not sure if the possible futures was her idea though. So that's why I know what kind of people you guys are. But I have no idea what major life events are actually going to happen." Kade droned on. He never gave much thought to just how annoying telling his life story would actually be.

"So she did this in order to keep you alive for the prophecy, but Zeus had already made you immortal for the same reason." Reyna stated, not questioned. Kade was grateful that she was putting pieces together on her own. He was running very low on patience.

"Yes, spouses not being able to communicate is oftentimes a sign of a bad marriage. Now, can I please see my brother? I need to meet him. He's all I have left." He had said it so many times that he was beginning to worry that he would have to fight in order to see Nico.

For the first time, Reyna's eyes softened. She hadn't realized that Kade had never actually met Nico before. She had been under the impression that they had been separated and just never found their way back to each other.

"He'll be here soon. You're welcome to go and meet him and Elias when they get here. You'll probably meet Paxton as well." Reyna concluded their discussion quickly. Standing up smoothly and ushering Kade out of the building.

She reached her hand out and turned Kade around to look him over. "You're clean, so you can skip the bathhouse, but I would suggest you eat something. I can't imagine where you were before provided nutrition. You look rather frail."

"How kind of you, Reyna." Kade deadpanned. "Now, do I have to find the mess hall on my own, or are you going to draw me a map?"

Reyna just dragged him somewhere by his elbow, shoved him into Percy and Hazel then stalked off.

✰✰✰✰✰

As Hazel guided the two older boys to meet Nico and Elias, she had to do her best to tune them out.