two

Chapter Two: Kade wishes he had salad and not beef.

"I only asked for one thing. Come on, guys! The service here sucks."

It was a good thing that Percy wasn't scared of ghosts and that Kade was very familiar with them

It was a good thing that Percy wasn't scared of ghosts and that Kade was very familiar with them. Half of the people at the camp were dead. They ran around the camp going about their own business and none of the campers paid them any mind. However, when their group walked by, all of the spirits yielded their actions and stared at Percy and Kade. Some of them looked angry at their presence. A little boy shrieked, "Greggus!" and turned invisible. Percy wished he could turn invisible too, Kade just scoffed. He already knew he was Greek, but he also knew that Percy had no idea who he even was.

Kade had a feeling that Percy felt uncomfortable with having all of these eyes on him. He had spent so much time alone not even knowing who exactly he was and now all of these people are wondering the same thing about him and he doesn't have an answer. Kade shifted in front of Percy to try and divert some of the attention to himself instead, Percy throwing him a thankful look. Kade winked in response and turned to face front.

"Am I seeing things?" Percy asked. "Or are those-"

"Ghosts?" Hazel and Kade filled in, in unison. Both of them had startling eyes. Hazel's eyes looked like fourteen-karat gold while Kade's were a deep black with a mischievous glint to them. Hazel looked to Kade, startled at him speaking in unison with her. He just gestured for her to continue her explanation.

"They're Lares. House gods."

"House gods," Percy echoed. "Like... smaller than real gods, but larger than apartment gods?"

"They're ancestral spirits," Frank explained, having to raise his voice slightly to talk over the sound of Kade's laughter. Frank had removed his helmet revealing his face. He hadn't quite grown into his features yet, looking slightly like a toddler who had gotten a hold of steroids and then snuck into the Marines.

"The Lares are kind of like mascots. Mostly they're harmless, but I've never seen them so agitated."

"They're staring at Kade and me," Percy complained. "That ghost kid called me Greggus. My name isn't Greg."

"Graecus," Hazel corrected. "Once you've been here awhile, you'll start understanding Latin. Demigods have a natural sense for it. Graecus means Greek."

"The kid was talking about me, Percy. I'm Greek." Kade supplied, unsure if he should tell Percy about his life. It wasn't like he could give the guy his memory back, he felt like telling him anything would be like dangling his life in front of his face. Kade hadn't spent his past 73 years alone staring at a wall, he had spent them seeing every possible future of his life, Percy was in each one.

"Is that bad?" Percy asked.

Frank cleared his throat glancing over at Kade nervously. "Maybe not. Romans and Greeks have an old rivalry. Sometimes Romans use graecus as an insult for someone who's an outsider, an enemy. I wouldn't worry about it." Although Frank himself sounded pretty worried. Kade shaking his head at the younger teen.