𝐨𝐧𝐞.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐃,
and the sun threatens never to rise back up to her fallen pedestal. it's never quite as bright as it used to be, and now the only hopeful remnant of the old world are lamps and light switches that brighten up the room with artificial luminance. for those who don't appreciate the dark, life is burdening. for those who are able to embrace the slow creep of the night, the morning comes quickly.

the night had been laikyn's favorite- ever since he was child.

the empty, dark obliqueness of the midnight stars, to him, was wonderous; it was also safe. all of the overripe thoughts he had gathered from the morning to the very hour slowly leaked out of his mind, only soothed by the quiet night and the pure isolation it brought; the only thing that could relax his mind. laikyn had even been born in the night, and though it had been some years ago, he still felt most naked at two-thirty six am.

it made sense for him to be born in the night; to understand who you are, you first have to see what you are not.

"ky, are you coming with me tonight?"
the question was sarcastic; condescending, almost, with a hint of laughter.

his hands messy with the remnants of dried paint, laikyn glanced up at his friend before answering her with a slightly anxious, disapproving smile.

"uh.. sinyah, you know-"

"i just don't understand!" his roommate exclaimed, almost immediately throwing up her hands up in a familiar frustration that only made the younger's heart jump a bit. "you're perfect for it. do you-"

"do you know how much money any one of them would pay even just for you to acknowledge them?" laikyn finished with a somewhat bored nerve, repeating the statement from memory as he did every night as the girl with deep, brown golden skin sunk onto the couch next to him. in contrast to his large, dark grey sweatshirt, his childhood friend wore a formfitting, black gown- one made custom fit to her curves, just like the rubies around her neck that only reminded him of one thing; blood.

"so, i sound like a broken ass record on repeat." the woman acknowledged much to laikyn's gentle amusement, shrugging her shoulders in a dispassionate manner that showed her struggle to truly acknowledge the fact of the matter. "but maybe if you just listened to me, you would see how many doors this could open for you. i mean, laikyn- what do you even have to lose?"

"it's just scary." he smiled.
and not something at all he was interested in- not one bit.

"...baby." the girl began, significantly easing her voice into a much more clement pitch , her eyes sparkling. "why would i.. okay. i've been trying to get you to come with me for months now. why would even put in that effort if i believed it wasn't something you could do?"

"yes, but-"

"there's nothing to it ky." the woman finished mundanely before she allowed her mood to brighten with a giggle that could only be descried as classy; almost as classy as she presented herself in that midnight-colored gown. "i swear."

in a world where a species is barely produced, it's bound to be hunted.
humanity is not guaranteed when it doesn't exist, and structure is staked upon perception; in the world that was hidden just behind laikyn's window, you could truly be whatever you wanted- a dancer; an opera singer; an anonymous author.

or a possession - a host.

"it's unmoral." laikyn murmured. "i just-"

"there are no morals." sinayah scoffed. "there's only life and death, laikyn, and i just don't like that you're waiting yours. just- just come with me tonight, and i promise i'll stop bitching about it! i mean, you-"

she seemed to drone on, but the sweet-eyed man was deemed silent, his chocolate brown orbs dead set onto the wall that sat in front of him.

" i just.. i find you, incredibly boring, my love .."

his eccentric blue eyes glowed with excitement, as if he pined for the words coming out of his own mouth. 

"okay." laikyn smiled. "i'll go with you."

revamp bitches