𝐭𝐰𝐨.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐊, 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄
lay leisurely upon the sidewalks and streets, touching the soles of each and every person that walked them with it's cruel kiss of frost. the city was frozen under the pale light of the reoccurring blood moon- one that for the whole first week of january, was visible in the cursed sky even during the short hours of daytime. it seemed to loom in the raven-colored sky as an bloodied omen.

winter would not end soon.

laikyn's gentle brown eyes scanned the cold landscape in front of him, his cold body shuddering as he pulled his black winter jacket closer to his body. still, it didn't help that he was barely clothed in the first place, dressed in a skimpy black dress that sinayah had excitedly handed to him, promising that "he'd look great!". as if . laikyn did not feel great, and instead he could only feel distance; a remote, hollow replication of whatever it was isolation meant shrouding him like a dark figure as he smiled and nodded to the girl's excited, tone-deaf chirps as they waited for a taxi outside their apartment. laikyn, despite his sweet smile, was what many like to call..

absent-minded- simple.

 his whole life, laikyn had been thought stupid- like lifestock or cattle by the family that had taken him in at the age of eight or by his overly-protective best friend who had met him around the same time. before that, he had belonged to a completely different world, and while it wasn't his fault- it was never his fault- his family made sure to carefully consider the delays of laikyn's naïve mind that often didn't fully grasp topics even despite his persisting age.

the man brushed aside his baby pink curls, neatly defined in shiny coils and tresses that cut off just below his ear, complementing his long, skinny neck adorned with a silver crucifix necklace his friend had insisted on, though it was nowhere near the grandiose of her dark, blood red rubies; neither was his long-sleeved, black mini-dress that fit him like a second skin, making it a bit hard for him to move correctly, contrasting to the graceful flow of her slitted black nightgown, exposing her beautiful brown legs and bust; neither were his ballerina flats with a pitiful little bow on top of them- they could not compare to her stilettos.

it was nothing new; laikyn was used to sinyah's shadow, and had been for his whole life. in fact, he quite liked the shadow, and held no desire to break it. both him and the girl knew that, because it had been that way since they were children. sinyah was the prettiest, the most social, the smartest one..

the one with a family- a real one that hadn't rescued her from a syringe-littered, shit-stained floor.

"that's us!" the woman exclaimed, startling the boy out of his pending thoughts and shaking him into reality as he spotted a yellow taxi cab in front of him, seeming to simply appear parked upon the side of the curb . slightly hesitant, laikyn rubbed his scrawny knees as he watched the older rush up from the lonely bench on the corner of the desolate street. biting down on his lower lip, the male could do nothing but tentatively follow after her, his eyes wary as he glanced around the nearly deserted street. he was well aware of the fact that sinyah hadn't grown up the same way he had, but still- how could she be so comfortable? laikyn didn't quite understand it, only smiling once again as he got into the right side of backseat, shutting the door as he took one last glimpse of his apartment, wishing for it's warm comforts and maybe a cup of something good.

thankfully, the interior of the taxi was heated, giving him a chance to hold his cold fingers up to his face, cupping them around his nose and blowing against them the warmth of his own exhale. there was not a word ushered to either of them as they began to speed down the flurried street, causing the pink-haired male to look over with a slight questioning over at his best friend who only held a single, manicured claw up to her smiling, red lips. laikyn's heart felt paralyzed in his chest before beginning to beat rather hard upon him as he could not help but to question the ominous feeling of the car ride. his chocolate brown eyes surveyed once again, scanning over the screen that separated the two from the taxi driver whom he had not caught one glimpse of.

clearing his throat quietly, laikyn digged in his pocket, taking out his phone.

𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐧
did he say anything to you ..???

𝐧𝐲-𝐧𝐲
he never does, don't worry :)

𝐧𝐲-𝐧𝐲
but you should get ready. you won't like this next step.
i just want you to stay calm , okay ?? trust, i wouldn't bring you along if it wasn't safe .

𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐧
uhhh okay what next step ??

𝐧𝐲-𝐧𝐲
they like their privacy

abruptly looking up from his phone, laikyn startled to see that the screen in front of them had been lowered. his chocolate brown eyes narrowed with an uncontrollable nerve that threatened to expel from his body in the forms of shouts as a purple smoke seemed to leak into the backseat of the car.

"ny-" the younger immediately started, a bit scared but silenced by the immediate denial of his actions by the woman's hard glare, followed by a simple shake of her head and then- a single, manicured claw to her smiling, red lips. disorientation crowned the boy's pending anxiety, his heart beginning to race fatally fast as he had no choice but to silence. the words that he once had to offer slipped from his aimlessly open lips as every single nerve in his body seemed to be overwhelmed with a gentle, unwanted sleep.

it was a familiar feeling.

laikyn's eyes begin to droop rather quickly and his thoughts could bear no fruit towards his panic, nor towards the fact that through his blurry surrounding, he could see that his best friend had fallen asleep blissfully against the tailored couches of the taxi. laikyn stirred slightly, his arm twitching under his coat as he sluggishly moved his weighted eyes that felt as if they carried a thousand nations upon them to the open screen, his sweet, confused brown eyes landing on the ones that stared at him so piercingly through the driving mirror.

red.