Chapter 2

"Young miss you have to hurry up" Kira said as they ran through a small passage. It was a way out of the castle that no one except their pack knew. She was sure that they would be able to escape.

After running continuously for over thirty minutes they finally saw a light at the end of the passage.
"We just have to pass there and we are free" Kira urged the children happily. She knew once they escaped the castle they would get into the Garden of Leto which was a safe place.

Although it was called a garden, it looked more like a forest and because it was a holy ground it was forbidden to fight on it.

Leto was the Goddess of Wolf who appeared once in a thousand years and even at that the chances of her appearing was two percent.

It was a natural belief that anytime Leto is born it's always to poor parents. It was a blessing that every commoner prayed for.

The last Leto that appeared had been a lover of nature and she had built this beautiful garden which had now turned into a forest. The people too scared that they would dirty what she had done had left the garden the way she left it after her death.

"Guess she wasn't lying" Kira heard someone say as they came out of the secret passage. She turned around surprised to find a young boy with red hair and freckles all over his face standing behind them. She recognized him immediately as the young dux of the red moon; she had seen him a few times when he came over with his father, the dux.

He had an army behind him and seemed like they just got here also. How could he possibly know about this place? The way here was only known to the new moon pack, they were the only one to get to this place without getting lost. Anyone from another pack who tried to would always get lost in another realm. She thought silently to herself, was there a betrayer in their pack?

"I don't really care about the others and you also" he said looking at Kira with disgust "All I need is the young miss"

"Why?" Kira asked. She had secretly cast a magic of protection on the three of them behind her.

"Do you need to know?" He asked, eyeing her. He was really irritated that a lowly servant like this would question him. Gross! He thought to himself.

Kira whispered secretly in her head to the three of them 'At the count of three run'

'What about you mom?' Flykra asked.

'Listen 'Flykra' She paused 'I don't have anything to give you but do you remember what I always tell you?'

'Yes mom' she replied

'Great now the three of you no matter what happens don't look back' Kira said

'But mo…'

'Flykra!' Kira shouted.

'Yes mom' Flykra replied.

"I don't know what's going on" The dux of red moon replied Looking at them "But I know it's time up!"

'1' Kira said

"I've been way too patient" he growled, changing into a wolf.

"Now!" Kira screamed as the children sprang to their heels running immediately. They ran like a big tiger was pursuing them.

The dux of the red moon growled angrily, going after them. He was bounced back by a wall he couldn't even see. He stared surprised at the wall.

Kira took off her hood. If there was one thing no one except her husband and the marchio never was that she was a werewolf like the others. She was from the Gorgon's family. The ladies from the Gorgons family were slim and slender with dark hair that reflected the moonlight. But little did anyone know that those dark hairs were a living being on its own and not just any living thing but poisonous serpents that turned people to stone.

The dux of the red moon and his army stared surprised at her. When they were told that the pack of the new moon didn't only have wolf's they didn't think that a monster such as this would be here, but they were prepared and knew just what to do. 

The children ran as fast as they could, never looking back, they didn't stop for fear that they would be caught. Tears fell down their eyes as they ran. They hoped their parents would make it but deep down they knew they wouldn't.

They stopped at the front of a very tall building that looked more like a chapel than a house. It had an angel-like figure at the front and beside it were three people with their face covered kneeling beside it. It was obvious that they were all women but what was a place like this doing in the Garden of Leto.

"I thought this was an abandoned place?" Flykra asked.

"So did I" Rudina replied

"Or that's what we were told"Reika replied

"But don't the elders only tell us the truth?" Rudina asked

"Well we don't know for sure" Flykra said "But what we do know is this would be a nice place to spend the night"

"I don't know why but I agree with that" Reika replied looking around.

"Let's go then"Rudina said walking up the stairs as the others followed. They stood at the door of the building which was very tall, they felt like rats at the front of it. They had never seen anything like this even in their town. Rudina had been to the imperial city a few times but even at that she didn't think any building there compared to this.

"How are we going to open this?" Reika said, pushing at the door a bit.

"I have no idea" Flykra replied, also pushing a bit.

"Do you think?" Rudina said, looking around. "Maybe there's a secret way to open it? You know like in the stories we've heard"

"Maybe a little push here" Reika giggled