Chapter 4

"Then who am I?" She asked

"How about you find that out by yourself" The lady smiled standing "Now come along"  She gestured for Rudina to follow her.

Rudina followed her quietly.

"Have you ever heard about the legend of Leto?"

"What is that?" Rudina asked.

"A lady as beautiful as the sky. Some call her the queen of wolfs, some the goddess of humility and kindness"

Rudina stared at the pictures that were hung up on the wall as the walked pass. It was a self portrait of different women but they all had three things in common. Golden eyes, hair as white as snow and really pale skin. They looked tired but they had a big smile on their face.

"She was raped and got pregnant. When the wife of the man who got her pregnant found out, she was cast away. She was unable to live both on land and on air but she needed a place to give birth too her children" The lady said opening the doors to an even larger room "That's when she found this place"

"Wow" Rudina whispered as she walked into the room. She had seen nothing like this. Never in her life.

Purity? Was this what she meant by purity? Just a glance into the room all your sins would be watched away and the bright sun coming from the windows couldn't help but add more value to the place.

She never believed somewhere like this could exist, she felt she could spend her whole life in this place and still won't regret it. This room was the utmost definition of pure.

The only colour one could find in this room was white. Everything from the door to the chairs to the teapot and cup the lady was currently holding to the beautiful white lilies around.

The tables, the chairs, everything was white. She strangely felt at peace in this place.

"Surprise huh?" The lady said, sitting down.

"Yes this place is…" Rudina was at a loss of words on what to say.

"Strangely peaceful" The whispered

Rudina smiled, nodding her head.

"I felt it too the first time I came here" She smiled "I thought with the amount of white in here for someone that's the daughter of a harlot it would be choking but it was surprisingly calm"

"Daughter of a harlot? Is that some kind of title?" Rudina asked, confused.

"Oh what a princess" The lady smiled brushing Rudinas hair away from her face. Rudina, who had grown up in a castle and had been taught only good things didn't know the meaning of a harlot.

She was barely nine year old, the lady didn't find it wrong that Rudina didn't know the meaning.

The lady suddenly remembered why Rudina was here. She smiled, taking her hands away and asked "Rudina, do you want revenge?"

Rudina squeezed her skirt tightly. Even if she wanted to avenge the soul of her people she couldn't. She had nothing. She couldn't fight, she couldn't talk, she couldn't do anything.

Even if she talked to the king who would listen to a nine year old that couldn't even tie her shoes herself.

She hadn't reached nineteen and didn't know what her wolf was. Although most people at this age had already started talking to their wolves or being able to hear it, she couldn't hear or dream of talking to it.

The Fact was she couldn't feel a thing in her. Her dad said her wolf is somewhere within her and she would feel it some day but Rudina thinks there is nothing within her.
She feels she's just her and not a werewolf like the others.

"No" She replied.

"Why?" The lady asked, wondering what her reason was.

"I am hopeless, powerless and a nobody" Rudina whispered "When my people were being killed I did nothing but runaway"

"But you're their leader now" The lady whispered.

"No I'm not" Rudina said "I am lower than a commoner"

"A commoner? How do you know that?" The lady asked. If she didn't know what harlot was, how would she know what a commoner was?

It was something known by everyone that the new moon never referred to their people that weren't nobles as commoners. They called them lower nobles or below the order so how did she know this?

"My cousin" Rudina whispered "She told me not to tell anyone though"

"Your cousin taught you this?" The lady asked.

Rudina bit her lips wondering if she should tell her. After considering it she whispered
"I saw on my seventh birthday banquet, I had been looking for her but couldn't find her"

She paused.

"Then finally I found her outside. I was about to call her name when one of the workers bumped into her pouring a few drinks on her. After he apologized and left she called him a commoner" Rudina said.

What? Her cousin? The lady knew immediately that something wasn't right.
"Do you remember her exact words?"

"Uhm she said'' Rudina changed the look on her face trying to imitate the look on her cousin's face "Damn commoner! Doesn't know his place!" She giggled "The look on her face was so funny"

The lady laughed awkwardly with Rudina. Rudina was too innocent to know what was going on.

"Rudina don't you want power?" She asked.

"Power? No" Rudina replied "I don't think I am a werewolf like everyone else there's no way I can lead the March. My people are warriors, guarding the border everyday. I can't possibly do that. My dad keeps saying I'm a werewolf that we all are but I know deep down I know that I am not a werewolf"

The lady smiled "Then what are you?"

"I do not know but I know I am not a werewolf. Most people at my age can hear their wolfs talking or already knew if they are a beta,Alpha,Omega or a Luna" Rudina breathed heavily.

"I see you've done your research" The lady laughed.

"Well yeah" Rudina sighed "Everyone at my age is talking about it"

"How about I tell you that you really aren't a werewolf but something else?" The lady smiled.

"What am I? No, what do you mean by that" Rudina asked.

"It simply means you're a fragment of something else. We all are. I'll let you stay here and I'll teach you by the time you leave here you'll know what you're" The lady said with a wild smile on her face.

A/N: The story of Leto I wrote isn't the original story. I modified it to fit in with the book I am writing. Leto wasn't rape although she actually did get pregnant for Zeus but it wasn't written anywhere that he raped her. She also doesn't have white hair, pale skin and golden eyes.