Chapter Seven

Pocahontas stood out of the hut as Tauri was getting healed. They didn't know what injured him. It was unlike any weapon they had come across before. He could hear the pained moans and closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He felt bad that he got under his watch, but hoped that their healer would be able to save him.

"Son..." Pocahontas turned to look to see his father, he watched as he exited the hut and gave him a sad look. He felt his heart grow heavy at this.

"What happened..." Powhatan asked his son, seeing the look on his only son's face. He could tell he felt guilty. He rested his hand on his shoulder silently telling him it wasn't.

"They had weapons that we have never seen, they are building close to the shore on the eastern side....they also looked different. They had white skin and wore different clothing..." He paused mind going to the girl in some kind of cage that looked different than all of them.

"They also had a prisoner of some kind, she didn't look like them. Blue eyes and raven hair. Her skin was different from theirs." Pocahontas could see the girl in his head, she wasn't paying attention to any of them when they arrived as if trying to keep the world out.

"When they noticed us they had weapons that made loud noises...we didn't have any warning until Tauri went down," Pocahontas told his father, he himself was trying to figure out where they went wrong...

"Everything will be okay...but find out more about their prisoner....but don't get too close this time. We don't need anyone else going through the same thing...."Powahatan looked to the hut, another cry going through the air from the man inside fighting for his life.

"Do I go by myself or bring someone?" Pocahontas asked, having a feeling his father wouldn't want to take another group and wanted to keep it small this time.

"Take Kocoum with you. Just the two of you, and again don't get too close this time. Just gather information." He then left Pocahontas there with a sigh, going back into the hut.

X-x-x

Kagome sat in the darkness, eyes adjusted to the pitch black of the night. She could hear the sounds of the men laughing and drinking not that far away from her. She was still locked up but she knew she would have to figure out a way to get out soon....cause from how the man in charge was talking...he didn't want to keep her alive much longer. He was wanting to use her head on a pike to ward off the other 'savages'.

She wasn't going to let that happen. She would have to leave during the peak of the early morning when things were quiet and when most were tired. She had seen her guards and they weren't guarding her very well. One had already fallen asleep and another was a ways away and talking to someone, not paying her any attention. She tried to shift but the rope and stump dug into her, making her sigh.

She had been rubbing the rope together on one of the grooves in the wood stump but she could only do so much, she knew her wrists were rubbed raw and would soon bleed if she kept at it. She knew the wound would heal, but she was repressing it not wanting to alert anyone of her powers.

Hearing a shuffle, Kagome's eyes snapped over to the side. It was one of the native Americans from before. He was looking at her giving her a keep quiet sound before glancing over to the guards who were talking.

"Who are you?" Kagome whispered, using English. She didn't think they would know Japanese so English was the next bet. She didn't know if he would be able to speak it but it was better than nothing.

He frowned speaking in another language before he paused, taking a deep breath as the wind rustled through his hair.

"Hello." His voice was soft as he spoke to her, and he seemed a bit unsure as he spoke.

Blinking Kagome titled her bread to the side, "You shouldn't be here...." Kagome told him, not wanting him to get hurt like one of his brethren.

"You are a prisoner...yes?" He asked, completely ignoring what she said causing her to sigh. She had a feeling he wanted answers and wouldn't leave until she gave them.

"Yes. Though if how things are going...not for long." For she plans to escape...but if she doesn't her head would be on a pike.

"Who are these....pale faces..."He paused when he spoke, as if not knowing what to call them.

"They are adventures. They look for new land to claim, and take things that they think will make money or new so they can take it home to their leaders." It was the simplest way to explain it. That and she couldn't remember everything about world history. It had been a while since she had read about the subject at school.

"They usually kill others that don't look like them." She spoke, trying to let him get the hint of 'like us' that was left unsaid. 

 The two went silent as a voice neared them, Kagome glanced over and could see that one of the guards were going to be coming to 'check' on her again.

"You should go before they come to check in on me." She gave the man a small smile, "Also, the one that is injured. Is he doing alright?" She wanted to know. If she was there she could heal him...but only if she escaped.

The man paused, "He is alive...but...." He trailed off and Kagome understood what he meant....she bit her lip looking at the male.

"If you could make a distraction and help me escape....I will heal him. I know how to save him." She told him softly, and she could see him staring into her eyes as if looking for something.

He gave a hum but before he could say anything he quickly retreated, as someone moved to take the spot where he once stood.

"The savage is till here. I don't know why we have to stay out here. If we put her back on the ship the other savages wouldn't be able to get her." One of the men muttered looking at her before he moved away with someone next to him who gave a small laugh.

"Just think, you get the night shift which means you don't have to be out in the heat during the day." This caused the other man to laugh in agreement.

Kagome sighed tuning the men out, as she concentrated on the rope around her wrists. Silently praying that she could break them soon.