Chapter 81

In their house, there was Xu Wuwang, who had an old experience of three years staying there. He had told them everything about the place one after another within a month.

The halo of the evening dusk was put away, and Lin Suci turned back into his cat body. He was stuffed into Yan Boshen’s cloth, covering his body.

Exiting the small courtyard, the doors of the houses on both sides of the narrow alley were shut tightly. The windows were closed, and there were occasional human voices, all low and soft.

Perhaps someone was carrying water through the alley, and the blue slab floor was pattered with many water marks. When the sun and moon switched places, there was a flickering ray of light.

Yan Boshen walked out along the alley. Not far away, people were gradually seen appearing on the streets.

Similar to Yan Boshen’s attire, those people were all dressed in black cloaks with hoods covering their faces. In the dark night, it was difficult to distinguish their appearance.

In the direction of the three formations of witchcraft, red lanterns were picked along the road. Xu Wuwang once took Yan Boshen along the path, so with Lin Suci there, Yan Boshen would not really be mistaken as he walked along the nearest miasma of the peach blossoms.

According to what Xu Wuwang said, the formation of witchcraft was different.

Those who went there for the first time would only enter the same magic circle as those who went for the first time. In the first formation of ‘Poison’, it could only accommodate six people. In it, a life would be sacrificed every hour, and all the spiritual energy of the dead ones would be contained in the formation until the end of the month. When there was one person left in the formation, the rest of the spiritual energy obtained by the several dead people would all be absorbed by the survivor.

Lin Suci quietly stuck his head out along Yan Boshen’s cloak.

His cat body was black, and he had a pair of green round eyes. If he did not give a meow, no one would ever notice he was there, especially at night.

Lin Suci depended on his protective color, and looked around openly.

Lin Suci probably counted the people who went along the miasma of peach blossoms. There might be around dozen of them. They were looking at the people around them as they walked. Their aura was tense. Even if their hoods covered half of their faces, it was obvious that they were anxious.

Maybe… those were the new people he had to meet next.

After Lin Suci looked around for a while, Yan Boshen raised his hand and pressed his head back.

The sound of footsteps on the road converged even more as they passed through several forks.

In the quiet night, there were only light and inaudible footsteps overlapping, staggering back and forth. There were neither conversations or laughter, nor breathing sounds. The pace of their feet was always kept at a constant speed, walking quietly on the silent street in a chaotic and rhythmic manner.

The journey was so long that Lin Suci almost fell asleep in Yan Boshen’s arms. He tried hard to stay awake. However, his head kept getting crooked. Finally, he was so comfortable that he shut his eyes in Yan Boshen’s arms.