Chapter 3

Anissa P.O.V

Me and Kyah was at the nail shop. All these luh kids just looking in my direction. I wanted to just get my nails done and leave. Then i thought of that fine darkskin i saw at the liquor store yesterday. He seemed like the player type. He look like all he wanted to do was get in my pants and trust me, nobody's ever wanted to do that before. But for all i knew, he coulda been a pedophile. I wasnt just giving out my number to a random person. Then me and Kyah names got called so we could get our nails did. Im getting Almond acrylic nails and Kyah was getting coffin acrylic nails.

Kaycian (kay-see-an) P.O.V

Yea. Im the dude that one girl seent in the liquor store yesterday. Yea, she might have been two-toned but i didnt care about allat. She looked like she had a nice personality but she also looked like she had a past so i just gotta break that wall down.

"Meechie. Come here real fast." I called him down to my room. Just in case youre wondering, Meechie is my brother. Im just like one year older than him. He 18 while im 19.

"What you want fattie?"

"Can you hand me the remote? Its all the way over there and i dont feel like getting up to get it. And also can you hand me my poptarts and sode over there? Can you help yo big brother out? Im sick negro."

And i was serious. Thats why i went to the liquor store yesterday. To get some medicine. And i was lucky enough to bump into that one girl.

Meechie huffed but then did as told.

"Is it anythang else you need while im still in here?" He said.

"Yea lil bro come sit down." I said while motioning him over to my bed.

"Wassup bro?"

"I met this girl yesterday."

"Oh snap you willing to pass her to the team?"

"I aint passing nothing your way or nobody way. I cant stop thinkin bout her. She not like these thots. She different. WAAAAYY different bro."

"How in the world is she different Kaycian? People always wanna be different but always end up looking the same. And plus you just met this girl yesterday. So tell me whats so speacial about her."

"Well.... her skin."

"Her skin??"

"Yea. Her skin. She has this disease where she loses the pigment of her skin color. She coulda been a brownskin but shes losing color. So in a few months or years, she'll look lightskin or even fully white."

"Oh. Well.... i dont even know what to say to you bro. I aint never fell for a girl who is losing the pigment of her skin. Either way it go, im happy if you happy and if you like her i love her."

"Thanks bro." Then he left out my room.

Meechie P.O.V

Wassup im KayShawn A.K.A Meechie. My full name is KayShawn Demetrius Wallis. But they call me by my middle name then they made it into a nickname. Confusing right? Kaycian is my older brother and i got a younger brother and his name is Kaylan. He like 12-13 i forgot. Oh well. Im also a darkskin but Kaylan is a lightskin. We live with our mom and daddy and everybody work for what they want. I work at McDonalds, Kaycian works at a subway and Kaylan works cutting grass and washing cars around the neighborhood. Thats why we all got shoe game, good phones and nice clothes. We aint rich but we still get by in our house.

I was just about to leave to go to work when i walked out of Kaycian room. I was already in uniform about to go.

I got to work and i could already tell it was going to be a long day.