Chapter 4

Nissa P.O.V

I was walking to the liquor store around the corner when i walked front of a house an the same dude came out. I think his name was Kay sum. But i didnt really know.

"Wassup ma." He said. I looked around to see if it was any other females. To my surprise, it wasnt.

"Umm heyy. Whats yo name again? I have trouble remembering names."

"The names Kaycian. Kaycian Wallis. Whats yo name again since we asking questions?" He said with a chuckle.

"The names Anissa. Anissa Thomas" i said mocking him.

"Well where you headed to Anissa?"

"JaWan liquor store. What about you?"

"Same here." He looked down. "So uhhh you wanna go out sometime?"

"Sure thing." I put my number into his phone. Might as well give him a chance. Its not like i'll get asked out again.

We walked into JaWan's store. Only this time, i got Hot Cheetos and a strawberry kiwi Snapple and my favorite, yellow pack M&M's. Then Kaycian jumped in front of me.

" You dont gotta pay for my stuff Kaycian. Im straight. I got my own money."

" Nawh i got it Anissa. I wanna pay for it cause you know you gon be mines right?" he said with a cocky smirk.

" What makes you so sure of that Mr. Wallis? And you can pay for it if you want to. I cant stop you from doing what you want to do."

He payed for all our stuff.

We both walked out the store at the same time.

" So where you headed to now Anissa?

" Home. why you wanna know?"

" Mind if i walk you? Ion gotta go nowhere at the moment."

" If you want to. Like i said back at JaWan's, i cant stop you from doing what you want to do. I dont care."

" Ighh."

At Anissa's house.

" Ighh bye Kaycian."

" Bye Nissa."

As soon as i got back into the house, questions from my mother started flooding in.

" Who was that Anissa Royal?"

" My friend Kaycian. And why was you looking out the window anyways Ma?"

"Mhmm. And i was looking out of MY window cause i was looking for you. And also... Cause i can.

" Wow Mama."

I walked up to my room and hopped on my bed. I hopped onna bed and heard a loud " OW!" I looked under the covers to see my BFF.

" Ky what are you doing under my covers? You know that when i come home i always hop on my bed butt first." I was bugging up the entire time saying it.

" I wanted to surprise you. Yuh BootyWipe. I never knew how hard you hopped on your bed. I do now so remind me to never do that again. And you seriously hurt me. My nail broke from you hopping on me you BootyWipe."

" Stop calling a BootyWipe you CootchieBooger. And i didnt know you was here. So if i knew... I WOULD STILL HOP ON YOU! HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH! Cause im juss aggy like that!"

She gave me a death glare

" SOOOOO. Get me hip on you and Kaycian."

" Whats there to tell? Theres really nothing to get you hip on Kyah. Except that he asked me out. I just said yes cause i just kno for a fact that I wont be getting asked out again."

" AAAAAAHHHHH NISSA IM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!"

" Yea yea."

Me and Ky walked downstairs to be faced with my mother and father.

" So you got asked out on a date huh Nissa" my mom asked

" Yeaa i did."

" By who?"

" Dude named Kaycian."

" how old is this Kaycian and whats his last name Anissa?"

" Kaycian Wallis. Age 20."

" 20 years old? Ion know about that Anissa."

" What? Mama no. I wont get asked out again. And look at you and daddy. He like 3 years older than you. the difference between me and Kaycian is just one year."

" She has a point honey" my dad butted in.

" shutup Damion. Now Anissa-

" Mama im going with Kaycian. Look at the way males look at me now. And look at the way Kaycian looks at me. Its pretty obvious that i wont be getting asked out again mama. Even daddy is on my side. Look at yall. Yall rebelled against yall parents an stuff now look at you now. Perfectly happy with a Daughter. Why cant i have the same and have a say-so in what goes on in my life man? It seems to me like you dont want me to get with him because he only after one thing. But mama trust me he not. Just give this a chance."

" ANISSA ROYAL THOMAS, DONT TALK BACK TO ME OR CUT ME OFF.

" Mama why are you yelling at me?" i stated calmly

" BECAUSE-"

" Why are you yelling at me? i said calmly once again

" BECAUSE ANISSA-

" WHY ARE YOU YELLING. SHUT THAT UP MAN. YOU KNOW ION LIKE BEING YELLED AT AND RIGHT NOW YOU DOING THE MOST. ITS JUST ONE DATE MA. YOU ACTING LIKE I WAS PLANNING TO NOT TELL YALL, SNEAK OUT AND GO MEET UP WITH HIM SOMEWHERE OR SOMETHING."

" ANISSA STOP ALL THAT YELLING AT ME. I AM YOUR MOTHER AND YOU WILL DO AS I SAY"

" AND IM YOUR DAUGHTER. YAAAAAAY! WE BOTH PLAY ROLES IN THIS RELATIONSHIP. YOU THA MOM, HE'S THE DAD AND IM THE DAUGHTER AND SHE'S THE BEST FRIEND. IM GOING ON THIS DATE. TELL HER DADDY!

" Both of yall needa stop that yelling. Its un-needed. And honey its just one date. Im sure we'll both get to meet him. Juss calm down. You always fussin at Anissa. And Anissa, you can go but just stop the yelling and we have to meet him when he comes to pick you up. Ohkk?"

" Thanks Daddy."

" No problem baby girl. When and where is your date taking place?"

" ion know but thats up to him really. I just dont wanna go to the movies or do something cliche."

" Ohkk." he simply said. That was the end of that conversation. My mom walked away with him. She turned back and gave me a death glare. I seriously didnt care. Im going on this date whether likes it or not.