III. the swordsman pt. 1

thank you so much for 1k reads!
love u guys 😘
zoro is so... MMMMM, yk?
italic - thoughts
not edited!

<———————>

the trio had finally made it to the island where the pirate hunter roronoa zoro was rumored to be.

the people here don't look too mean.. it's... comforting to say the least.

"so, where is this pirate hunter zoro, coby?" when those words came out of luffy's mouth, all of the townspeople got scared and ran away.

"huh, why did they run away?" y/n asked no one in particular.

"cus roronoa zoro is scary!! but i've heard that he's being held at captain morgan's marine base!" coby explained.

again, the townspeople ran away hearing the marine's name leave coby's mouth.

"shishishshi!! these people are funny!" luffy laughed with a wide grin.

the pink haired male looked confused. "i understand why they ran away when luffy said zoro, but why would they run away at the mention of a marine? that's.. strange."

despite that, the trio kept walking until they reach a large wall.

"this must be the marine base." with a quick glance, y/n could tell there was a wide space within the base. there were tall buildings inside and people could be seen on top of one of the buildings.

"well, this is where we part ways. it was nice knowing you guys!" coby turned his head to look at luffy, who began to climb up the wall to look for the bounty hunter.

"LUFFY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!!"

luffy looked confused. "i'm going to talk to him. y/n, come with me!!" y/n smiled wearily. "uh, sure captain." y/n climbed up the rough wall and was soon side by side with luffy.

and there he was.

roronoa zoro.

y/n was in awe, but also a bit scared. he looked so strong, and seemed determined.

man, he could beat me to a pulp!! i better not get on his bad side...

y/n took this time to get a better look at zoro. he seemed.. troubled. clearly, i mean, he was currently tied up. but zoro had a certain look to him.

ugh what the hell am i even talking about?

y/n could hear talking amidst his thoughts but could not make out the words. out of the corner of his eye, y/n noticed luffy jump down from the wall. suddenly, his captain appeared in front of him.

y/n jumped and nearly fell, but caught himself in time. "geez luffy!! what in the world are you doing?!"

"jump! i'll catch you, y/n!!" luffy's eyes were shut as he smiled brightly. "i dont need you to catch me luffy!"

"well you werent answering me when i asked if you were okay, so i figured u needed help and were just embarrassed!"

"i-im sure i can jump off this wall myself luffy.." geez, does he really think that i need his help? no offense to him but this wall is like 4 feet tall...

"you guys are an eyesore. get lost, will you?" zoro's deep voice cut through the bickering of the strawhat captain and his first mate.

a young girl with brown hair climbed over the wall with some difficulty. she appeared to be hold rice balls in her hands.

she walked happily over to the pirate hunter. "i brought you something to eat!" she exclaimed cheerfully. zoro grimaced. "i dont need your food! get outta here!"