IV. the swordsman pt. 2

omg 2k reads ?!?!! tyy 🥹🥹🩷
luv yall so fuckin much 😘
italics - thoughts
not edited!!
TW: quick panic attack, overthinking, insecure thoughts

<——————>

y/n made it back to zoro and found luffy and coby trying to untie the knots on zoro's wrists.

"zoro! i got ur swords! luffy, do you need any help?" y/n spoke quickly due to the adrenaline rush (and he was kinda out of shape).

"y/n!! somehow the knot got tighter.." luffy scratched the back of his head while name deadpanned.

y/n gave luffy the swords. "hold onto these for zoro while i untie these knots, okay?" luffy nodded his head rapidly.

quickly, y/n took to untying the knots. they were very tight, but he eventually managed to get one arm out when the marines showed up.

"who the hell are these guys?" y/n whispered to luffy and zoro.

"oh, while u were gone i knocked over that big guy's statue and now he's pissed."

"...oh."

zoro frowned as he saw the marines coming closer. "ugh, just give me my swords."

luffy handed the three swords to the bounty hunter's free hand. in the blink of an eye, zoro was free and the wave of marines were on the floor.

"yknow what? since i've already fought against the marines, i might as well join your crew and be a pirate. but im chasing my dream, to be the greatest swordsman in the world! and if i fail or die, im blaming you."

"the future pirate king would want no less, shishishishi!!"

y/n was starstruck by zoro's swift, fierce attack. wow, he must've trained a lot to be able to wield his sword so well!!! i wish i could use my sword like that..

the black male shook his head to rid his thoughts of his insecurities. y/n pushed his katana out of it's sheath. as the marine captain got closer, y/n could make out more details. more specifically his height and the huge fucking axe in place of his right hand.

damn he's tall and super fuckin bulky! no way in hell could i fight this guy!! y/n's breathing picked up and he started hyperventilating. he tried breathing in and out slowly, but it did almost nothing to help. he saw luffy and zoro going to attack the navy and moved out of their way.

zoro glanced over with a concerned look before continuing to ram through the onslaught of marines and luffy was preoccupied with axe-hand morgan. coby ran up to the yellow haired man. "y/n! are you feeling alright?!"

y/n's vision became blurry before fading to black.

(3rd person pov)

y/n passed out onto the floor with his sword still in his dominant hand. coby was frozen. he had never been in a situation such as this. the younger boy was going to drag y/n and bring him somewhere safe when the black man gripped his sword tightly.

slowly but surely, y/n rose to his feet again. "oh, y/n! are you alr-"

coby stopped himself as he realized that y/n was not awake. (anyone else gettin deja vu?) y/n's eyes were open, but pure white as coby waved his hand in front of the yellow haired swordsman's face, to no avail.

"uh... y/n??" coby was baffled. y/n walked over to a huddle of marines that was crowding around zoro.

swiftly sheathing his sword, y/n placed both of his hands on the rough ground. "2 million volts, precise aim."  in an instant, the horde of navy subordinates were on the floor, twitching with small sparks of electricity.