Chapter ~ 2 🥀

~A different wife?~

"I'm not getting any younger

"I'm not getting any younger. I hope you know that, Xavier."

I nod in response, too tired to even say anything because I already know where this conversation is headed.

"I need to see my grandchildren before I die," she says, with an unpleased look on her face.

"Please don't talk about dying. Cora and I are going to have babies but not now. We are not ready yet."

"You are not ready? What do you mean you are not ready? You've been married for two years already. How much more time do you need to prepare yourselves?"

"Mum, we can't have children yet. I'm too busy with work and she has whatever she does to stay productive."

"Xavier, please, do you have work? Is work going to call you dad? Is work going to call me grandma, hug me and shower me with sweet kisses when you guys come home for the holidays?"

"Mum, please stop being dramatic," I say, she looks at me and she sighs heavily.

"Of course to you I'm being dramatic, but Xavier being a dad is a very beautiful thing. Trust me. When you hold the cute bundle of joy in your arms for the first time, you will know what I'm talking about. I remember when your dad first saw you," she says with a dreamy sigh.

Okay, I've had enough."Mum, I get it. Don't worry, me and Cora will see to it."

She beams at me. "Really?! I hope you are not just saying this to get me to quiet down."

"Of course not!"

She smiles. "Wonderful! I'll go shopping for toys and wool." she announce and leaves my office... finally.

🥀

"And that is Xavier's study. He never lets me in." Cora points at a large oak door. "And this is our indoor garden. "She pushes the door open to reveal a beautiful garden field with different types of flowers.

I'm in awe not just of the garden but the whole house. It's a fringing mansion and everything looks so expensive.

"Mia!" Cora exclaims, snapping her fingers in my face. "Did you hear any of what I just said?"

I shake my head."Sorry, I didn't."

"Focus please, ‘cause after this I'm taking the next flight to Mexico, and you know I'm staying there for two month, then I'll come back and be Xandy's little wifey."