Chapter ~ 9 🥀

"Um Xavier, I don't think I'll be able to sleep in this room today

"Um Xavier, I don't think I'll be able to sleep in this room today." I say fiddling with my fingers, he looks at me.

"Why?"

"Actually I haven't been feeling well, I think I caught the flu."

"What then why didn't you say anything? I'll call the doctor."

"No, it's fine I took some meds already."

"Are you sure you're okay?" He ask clearly worried. I nod.

"I'll be fine."

What kind of a person falls for her sisters husband.
The feelings I have for Xavier are wrong.
I take my phone and daily Cora's number.

She answers on the third ring, "hey Mia!!"

"Cora! Thank God you answered your phone. When are you planning on coming back?"

"Wow, a hello to you too Mia. And yes I'm doing very well thank you for asking!"

"Ugh! Fine! Hello Cora, how are you doing?"

"Well Mia if you must know I'm doing great! Marco is wonderful, he is such a powerful love maker. He does things to me Mia!!" She lets out a dreamy sigh.

"Cora don't you don't you feel bad for Xavier?"

"Do you?"

"Of course I do! He doesn't deserve to be deceived by two conniving twin sisters!"

"Mia please do not ruin my mood I thought you had something important to tell me."

"This isn't important?"

"I'm hanging up now."

"I'll leave!" I say before she got the chance to hang up. "I'll tell Xavier the truth and leave the house. I can't do this anymore."

"What? No, Mia calm down and listen to me. If you leave that house right now you'll be ruining my marriage, do you really want to do that to me?"

"Of course I don't but I don't think I can keep staying here," I say sniffing in my tears.

"What happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you want to leave all of a sudden?"

"N-nothing happened."

"You just convinced me, something definitely happened. You better tell me, what did you do."

"I-i told y-you nothing h-happened!" I panicked and hung up.

She tried calling me back several times but I didn't answer.
My phone vibrates several times, I check it and see spam messages from Cora.

Mia what the hell did you do?!!!
I swear it better not be something stupid!
Mia tell me, what the fuck did you do?!!!
Don't leave the house, do you hear me?
Mia just hang on a little, I'll be back soon.
You can do that much for me right?

I kick back my legs and fall into the bed with a loud groan. Cora always does this! She always wants to have her way and whenever I try to put up a fight she results to emotional blackmail.

I hear a knock on the door and I lie down properly. . . I'm supposed to be sick.

"Come in!" I try to sound as horse as possible.

Xavier opens the door and pokes his head in. "How are you doing?" He enters.

"Yes I'm fine, why are you here?"

"I just came to check on you."

"Oh."

"Yeah, so would you like to eat anything?" I shake my head. He grabs me by the chin and raise my face up forcing me to look him right in the eyes, "look at me when I'm talking to you. What's wrong? You've been acting strange."

"Strange?" I let out a nervous laugh, "I'm just not feeling well."

"Is that it?" He plants a kiss on my forehead, then on my nose and my lips.

"I'm sick Xavier."

"Then we can just be sick together.' he kisses me again.

"Don't you have to go to work?" I smile involuntarily.

"I'll just stay at home with you then." He plants another kiss on my lips and wraps his hand around my waist pulling me closer. "Any other objections?" He plants another kiss on my lips, and another and another and another, before I know it I'm giggling like a little school girl. He lifts me up as if I weighed nothing. "No objections right?" He place me on the bed and starts trailing butterfly kisses down my neck.

"Actually-" I place my finger on his lip.

"What's the problem?"

"I'm on my period?" Well that wasn't a complete lie, I'm gonna see my period tomorrow. He lets out a heavy sigh, "sorry," I whisper.

"It's fine,"  he whispers back and plants another kiss on my lips. "Let's just go to bed." He held me tightly.

I don't think I'll be able to ignore him.

If it makes it any better here's another chapter 😏 hope y'all like it ❤️

Toons <3