Chapter ~ 5 🥀

~The Kiss~

With lots of persuasion and a promise to do my best on the real shoot the director and photographer finally let me go

We step into this amazing boutique and the staff comes rushing to us.

"Welcome Mr. Ross, would you like another dress for your mom?" A female staff member asks.

"No, I want a dress for my wife," I give her a little wave and she smiles at me.

"What's the occasion if you don't mind me asking?"

"A party, birthday party."

"Great! We'll be right back, please sit over the sir."

She takes me to the changing room and hands me heaps of different designer dresses.

I took out mine and put on a pink one that has lots of ruffles. It stopped at my knee and it was really puffy. I step out of the dressing room, "what do you think?"

He lifted his hand and shook his finger at me. "No."

After trying on all the dresses and Xavier didn't like a single one I was now convinced that I was the problem not the dresses. "Xavier, it's fine that you don't like any of these dresses, I can just wear one of my old dresses. I have lots of nice clothes in the closet, we don't really need to get a new dress."

He looks at me as if to check if I was the one that had just spoken. "I want to get you a new dress," he stands up, "wait here."
He comes back minutes later with a red dress, "try this."

I collect the dress with a nod and head back to the changing room.

Wow.

I thought, looking at myself in the mirror. The dress held me in all the right places accentuating curves that I didn't know I have. It has a ridiculously long slit and it was strapless. Revealing my cleavage but leaving enough for the imagination. I step out of the changing room, "what do you think?"

He raised his head and settled his blue orbs on me. His makes me shrink in his presence, I feel like a prey in front of a predator. He let out a little smile, more like a smirk and gave me an approving nod.

"Much better. We'll take this, get her a new pair of heels as well." He says to the female staff that was at our assistance.

"Okay sir, I have to say you have great eyes." She smiles brightly and escorts me to the changing room where I change back to my clothes and give the dress to her to pack.

"That you," I smile at Xavier.

"You're welcome."

"Where are we going?"

"The jewelry store."

"Are we getting a gift for August's father?" I look at him.

"We'll get something for him as well."

I insisted that I didn't need new jewelry but Xavier ignored me and bought a diamond necklace for me regardless. I had thought about it and even if I was to save my salary for the next three years I wouldn't b able to pay him back. So I decided to just be grateful. He also bought a gift for August's father, a wristwatch.

I look at my watch, 4:40pm.

Wow it's late.

"We're done right? I'm really hungry," I pout.

He smiles at me, the smallest smile. "What would you like to eat?"

My eyes shine and I get more energy at the mention of food, "Macdonald's!"

"Fast food?!"

"Yes fast food!!" He chuckles.

"Okay."

~•••~

"Two bacon double cheeseburgers, fries, cheesy garlic bites, chocolate brownie, mixed berry muffin, apple pie, strawberry milkshake, would you like a coke?-" I whisper to him, he shrugs. "- and one diet coke!" I say to the speaker and give a wink to Xavier. He drives to the window where we collect our food and we leave.

Xavier horns and the gate is opened by the security guard. He drives into the house and is about to get out of the car when I stop him, "wait!"

"Why? What's wrong?" I pointed at the take out.

"Lily doesn't like it when I order junk food, she's definitely not gonna like that you bought it. She'll scold me."

"Lily?" He asked, giving me a look that said it doubted me.

"Yes! She'll give me the whole lecture on eating healthy again." I sigh. I love Lily, I do but whenever she starts one of her lectures she never seems to stop. Of course I love that too cause it just means that she cares about me. I never had that with mom. "Let's just eat this really quick and go."

He lets out a sigh and settles back into his seat. I hand him his burger and he takes a big bite. "You like?" I ask.

"Not bad." I really was hungry, I haven't had a proper meal today. I wolf down on my burger, fries and cheesy garlic bites. I out my milkshake,

"Dang it, I didn't get a straw. Oh well" I put the cup straight to my mouth and drank out of it. "Yes."

I look up and find Xavier staring at me, "are you done?" He doesn't reply, instead he brings his hand to my face and wipes my lips with his thumb, his eyes immediately went from mine to my lips.
He pulls my face closer and I know I should stop him but I don't. I let our face touch, I let our lips connect. He brings his tongue forward and I open my mouth letting him in our tongues dancing with each other, my hand involuntarily went into his hair. He had a hand behind my neck while the other was drawing circles on my thigh making me feel dizzy.

A knock on the car's window brings me back to reality. I pushed him away, our breath heavy and uneven.

Fuck!

The chapter is short but I hope y'all liked it ಥ‿ಥ

~Toons