Chapter 2

Pete's POV 

Vegas. Vegas Kornwit Theerapanyakul. 

My Master and My owner. He is the type of guy that can kill another person in the blink of an eye but he is also the type of person that is extremely vulnerable and someone who keeps his heart hidden behind a cold façade. He loves me a lot. Loves me more than anyone else. 

I still remember the day I was adopted by Vegas. I was in an adoption center. I was the shiest  amongst my peers. Kept in a cage with others. I was always the weakling in our group. The one who was always in a corner, away from the other hedgehogs. I saw how other pets like the big fluffy Dog or the cute small cat was adopted by Humans. How they were showered with love. 

But I knew I didn't deserve that Love. The oldy hedgehog amongst us, who was like our grandmother used to always say, "We are never the ideal type of pets for humans. Our value depends on how cute we are or how we are a good company." 

I still remember her words vividly. I believed it, that no human was ever gonna choose me as their Pet. But that all changed when one fine day, a young teen walked into the pet store. He looked unapproachable, the way his frown got bigger after seeing those cute dogs and those small kittens. But then he walked towards the farthest cage in the store, our cage. He brought his finger towards me. This was the first time I was interacting with a human kid since most of them used to get frightened by our spikes. Looking at his finger, I thought he was trying to feed me like the store owner so I did what I am best at doing and that is eating. As soon as I saw his finger nearing me, I bite into it, he flinches slightly then gives me a warm smile before saying. "I am taking him with me."

'Woah!!! Really???? I am getting a new home? I couldn't believe my tiny ears.'

"Congrats tiny!" 

"Lucky for you"

"Don't forget us." All the hedgehogs bid me their farewell as the guy took me home. 

Seeing that the small human who had brought me as a pet, was smiling so warmly at me, I imagined him to be from a happy Family. But little did I know that the smile was a result of all the pain that he was suffering in the hands of his cruel Father. How he was abused, beaten, starved, all in the name of Discipline. How he lacked Love. How he felt as if it was his fault that his Family, his Father was disappointed in him. 

Everyday as he talked with me, It felt as though another wall that he had built around his heart was lowered. I saw him, in his sadness, in his joy, and in his anger. How he killed all those people that threatened him without a slight hint of regret. How after his first kill, he came into the bedroom and cried his heart out, shivering in his sleep as he lied on the floor. How he had his heart broken when Kinn announced his Marriage with Porche. How he lost a part of himself when his Father died. How he lost the only light in his eyes when the Doctor said that I had no more to live......

I know Vegas is sad, and blaming himself for all this. Though none of it is his fault. I wish I could tell him this. That None of this is his Fault. That he had been a Good Kid. A Good Leader, A good Brother and a Good owner. And most of it, I want to say him 'Thankyou'

'Thankyou for walking into the Pet store that day.'

'Thankyou for taking me in as your Pet.'

'And Thankyou for treating me as more than just a Pet. Thankyou for considering me a Family. Thankyou for showering me with Love. Thankyou for having met me.......

_____________

Author's Note: 

I felt a bit sad while writing this past two chapters. The fact that Vegas is Sorry for being with Pete and blaming himself while Pete just Thanking him for those wonderful memories, speak volumes about themselves. How one thinks it's his fault while the other just happy to have met him.

I hope you guys are liking it this far. And Don't worry, I won't let the hedgehogie die. Till next time. 

_____________