Chapter 3

Pet's POV 

It's been a week since me and Owner visited the Vet and three days since I last saw his shadow. This has never happened before. No matter how busy or exhausted he was, he still made time to spend with me, to feed and to play with me. But the past few days it seems as though we are drifting apart. And it might be because of my illness. I hope I could get better and then help Vegas through his problems. I hope I could spend more time with him. I hope I could tell him how grateful I am. 

--UP ABOVE IN HEAVEN-- 

The Angel of Love is looking over at the Human world. Busy helping soulmates to find each other and looking over heartbroken ones. She sheds a tear as she looks at The Human Vegas and his Pet Hedgehog. She especially feels sorry for the Former, having lost his everything. She goes to the secretary who keeps the files of every living body on the earth. 

"Secretary Pat" She calls out as she barges in the Secretary of Angel and Human's Office. "I need to access some files." He gives her a knowing glare. It isn't the first time that the angel has felt pity for some foolish human and tried to meddle in the ways of human's destiny. 

"You know....You aren't allowed to change people's destiny, Angel?"

"I won't be changing anything....Just want to access the files, Can't I?"

"Haa......Fine." 

He sends the Angel towards the 'Past life section' of the Grand Library and she starts looking for the names Vegas and Pete. After a bit of help from the librarian, She finally gets her hands on the files that she wants. 

Taking a seat near one of the tables in the Library, she starts reading their Life Story. Vegas Theerapanyakul known as Bible in his first life was a very kind man who helped the people without expecting anything in return. But he died in the Great War that occurred on his eighteenth birthday before meeting his soulmate. 

In his next life he was a sailor who sailed across continents trying to discover new places. In that life, he came across his soulmate a handful times but it was only for a brief moment and never led to anything romantic, and till he died of old age.

In the Third Life, he was born with a silver spoon but the person he fell in love with was a commoner. Because of his responsibilities as a Nobel and the stigma regarding Marriage with mere commoners, their love story was doomed to fail as he was forced to marry into Nobility and Pete married someone else. 

The angel takes a break and closes the files. "So Unlucky!" she cries out. She is feeling a bit sad for them and also angry that they were forced to marry against their will. She doesn't want to read the story of these poor souls but she can't help it, and curiosity gets the better of herself and so she reads further. Their fourth and then fifth life ends the same way, lacking Love. 

In their Sixth Life How ever there was a slight glimpse of hope. Vegas and Pete were childhood friends and loved each other to the fullest. They started dating with the intention of Marrying each other. It felt as though their wait of five life times was over. But fate was cruel to the lovers. Pete was diagnosed with an incurable disease. In his depression, he committed suicide and thereby breaking his marriage oath and the promise of being together with Vegas. And as a Punishment, he was reborn as an Hedgehog. 

"What the hell is this???" She shouts at the top of her Lungs as she disturbs the people reading quietly in the library.

She runs out of the Library and towards the Punishment Department. Yet again she slams the door open and barges in where she sees Secretary Pat and the Divine Punisher Pran in a very compromising position. 

"Don't you know how to knock Angel Pa?" The secretary asks as he buttons up Pran's shirt. 

"That's not Important. What is Important are these files." She says as she throws the files on the Table where the duo were leaning and doing more a moment ago. 

"What are these?" Pran asks as he takes the file and gives it a read.

"Nothing. Just another of those days when she feels pity for some random humans." Pat explains instead as he gives her a scoffing look. 

"I am the Angel of Love. I just want to see a couple Happy." She explains.

"Well, you could have if you'd entered the office some hours later." Says Pat.

'Cough.' Pran brings the siblings attention on himself. "So??? What am I supposed to do?" He asks.

"Can't you see? If you didn't punish him and made him a hedgehog, they both would probably be married by now. It's because of YOU that the poor soul mates are suffering." 

The Punisher just sighs as he looks at the files and then at the Secretary. He throws the files towards Pa. "Fine, I will remove his Punishment. So....Get Out"

He says as he gives her a not so genuine smile. Clearly indicating his disappointment of stopping his fun time with the Secretary.

"Thanks a lot." She gives them a smile as she rushes out as quickly as sheet had entered his Office.

After making a little adjustments in the 'Great Books of Humans' and a little more permissions, she is ready to set her ship to sail.

Mission make the Hedgehog into a Human and Completing the Love story of the Tragic Lovers.