Chapter 39

Behind you

Caleb pulls me along as we dodge bits of glass and smoke towards the back garage. "What about Enzo"? I say as he pulls me towards a car running round to the opposite side.

"He'll be okay now quick get in we have to go now". "Hold on tight this may be a bit bumpy", he says starting the engine before driving into the garage door as it swings open turning towards the back gate. "Duck"! He shouts as fires are shot at the cars windows missing me. The car hits the gate as it swings open allowing us to leave.

"You alright"!? He shouts in the back as a car swerves out behind us. "I'm good", I say putting on my belt noticing the car behind. "They're coming"! I say as Caleb looks behind to see bright lights close behind.

"We will lose them hold on tight", he says turning round corners in different directions to avoid them. "I need you to do something okay", he says looking back at me. "Use the gun point it behind do not look out the window", he says. "And fire", he adds. "What"! I say holding the gun in my hand. "Just do it okay put your arm out slightly and shoot", he says as the window starts moving down.

I lift the arm holding the gun pointing it out of the window and to the direction of the car behind before shooting. "Good don't stop until all the bullets end", he says.

"We are losing them don't stop", he says as the last of the bullets fire. "We've lost them keep your eyes focused incase they re appear", he says. "What about Lexi", i say. "They'll be okay but right now we have to focus on getting you to his parents house in one piece or Enzo will have my ass", he says.

"We'll be there soon when you get there I'll leave you with them you'll be safe", he adds. "Do not leave and stay inside always until someone comes to get you promise"? He says as I nod. "Okay I promise".

-

We had fully lost the cars behind by the time we got to Enzo's parents house. Caleb had me jump out before running inside as he drives back away. I'm met with Enzo's mother and father at the entrance as his mother pulls me in for a hug.

"You poor thing", she says rubbing my back. "Everything's going to be okay aria, Enzo's strong he'll be okay everyone will", his father says as I nod. "Come on lets get you settled", his mother says as we walk towards the kitchen.

-

"He's going to be okay you know he always is he's strong like his father he won't go down without a fight", she says as we sit at the counter. "I know I just don't want anything bad to happen to any of them they're good people at heart", i say back as she nods.

"They're a nice bunch to those they like that's for sure plus they're all family so they get along well and will all pitch in if something happens to one of them", she says. "I'll have someone set up a fresh bed for you upstairs with new sheets", she says smiling. "Thank you", I reply.

Caleb:

I drop aria off before making my way back to the house. By the time I arrive a few of the cars had left leaving only a couple. I shoot all tires in both cars to stop them from leaving before making my way round the back as it's less noticeable. A few men come running out not from Our side as I pull out my gun shooting both of them in the shoulder and leg stopping them from running.

I disarm them both leaving them there on the floor now making my way inside. I spot one of enzos men down on the ground with a wound to his side so I help drag him into a room away from the crossfire before trying to find the others.

I hear shots going on upstairs so I make my way up creeping behind someone before hitting them over the head with the back of my gun as they drop. "Thanks", Lexi says coming from around the corner as I nod. "Lookout", she says as I turn to face someone pushing me down to the ground.

Enzo:

I'm in a room by myself with 3 other men. 2 of them are down which leaves one around a corner. The room is mirrored which helps him see me so I shoot the mirror as it shatters falling down. One of the men reach for his gun on the floor as I shoot them again as the guy reveals himself from around the corner.

He shoots but misses me as I shoot hitting him in the chest. The bullet pierced through to the back hitting against a mirror behind him as that shatters and falls leaving him in a pool of his own blood on the floor.

I make my way out the room knowing that they will all die there before hearing shots upstairs. I find Lexi behind a wall watching as Caleb fights off someone on top of him. I draw my gun shooting him in the back as he rolls over allowing Caleb to get up.

I look out the window to see santi outside with a group of guys surrounding him so I leave Caleb to go and help. I make my way down before rushing outside gun at the ready firing into the distance at the men around him.

A few turn to look my way giving Santi the opportunity to shoot them as they fall leaving only a few left. One of the bullets shot by them pierces through Santis leg as he drops to the floor before another goes off grazing his shoulder.

I shoot the two remaining as they drop beside. I rush over to santi laying on the floor as his leg bleeds out. "3 in one day huh", he says smiling as I wrap my jacket around his leg.

"Behind you", he says as I turn to see someone in the distance shooting at us. I tried to move but it was no use it had already hit my chest knocking me down. "No"! I heard from beside me as santi grabs the gun beside him shooting the guy down.

I see him drop before Caleb and Lexi come rushing out spotting us on the ground. "Fuck enzo stay awake come on man", Caleb says trying to apply pressure to the wound.

Lexi:

I watch as Caleb presses down on the wound. "Come on man don't you dare", was all he said trying to stop the bleeding. "Come on stay awake, stay awake for us, stay awake for your parents, for aria", he says as I stand there.

"Lexi get the fucking car now"!

"Come on man don't die on me"!

"Enzo"?

1178 words

Make sure to vote 🤍