Hakura's Memories: Part 2

Hakura continued to relive the memories of her and Akita's first days together in her sleep. She began to dream about the day that made her realize she loved him as both an adopted brother and something more than that...

In her dream, 12 year old Hakura began to walk to school the day after Akita was adopted. He was going to begin going to her school that day. Suddenly she heard footsteps walking up behind her. She got nervous and turned around in a panic. What she saw was 13 year old Akita with his backpack.

"What are you doing following me? Are you a pervert or something?!" She asked annoyed.

"I'm walking to school the same as you. We both go there now don't we? I just walk the same route there." He replied with his sane emotionless expression.

"Whatever." She replied. She continued to walk on her way with Akita trailing behind.

Seven hours later school was out for the day. Hakura was angrier than ever. 'How?! On his first day half the girls in the school fall for him, he excelled in sports so well he got offers to join both the baseball and football teams, and he did all of it barley speaking to another student! What's so special about that gloomy loner?!' She yelled in her head.

She saw that the traffic light was taking forever to change to red. "I'll just cut through this alley. It'll be faster." She said. She began to walk down the alleyway when a man in a leather jacket and jeans stepped out from behind a dumpster.

"Hey, wanna buy some Hawaiian Ice or coke? I got oxys too." The man asked.

"Get lost creep. I don't do that kind of crap." She replied trying to act tough. Although she felt scared.

"You're shaking, doll. Maybe you'd be into something else I got?" The smiled sadisticly backing her against the ally wall.

"I'll call the cops if you touch me you pervert!" She said looking around for help.

"You won't be able to call em with what's gonna be in your mouth sweetheart!" he said pervertedly.

"Help! Someone help me!" She screamed in fear. She closed her eyes. Then came a loud 'WHACK' and then a thud. Hakura opened her eyes still shaking and saw her attacker knocked out on the concrete ground. Next to her was Akita who had knocked the thug out with a single punch.

"You ok? Did he hurt you?" He asked seeming concerned.
"Why did you save me? I treated you like shit and yet, you still protected me?! You're such a..." she trailed off.

"Freak? Gloomy loner? I've heard them all. You can say it." He tried to finish her sentence.

"...Nice guy." She said softly. She looked up smiling at him for the first time. She saw him smile slightly for a moment. Then he put his hand in his pocket and held out his other.

"Come on. Let's go back to your home. I'll cook you something." Akita said comfortingly.

"Don't you mean our home? You Baka." She said smiling. 'What's this feeling? I've never felt like this towards a guy before.' She asked herself mentally.

"So I'm considered by you as your brother now?" He asked her confused. Hakura went red as a tomato.

"Yes but...you're not just that. Your... my hero too." She said looking at the ground. "Just make me one promise?" She asked.
"Depends on what it is I guess." Akira replied.
"Don't ever forget about or leave me. Ever!" She said
"I promise you." He replied. She took his hand and they began walk home.

That's when Hakura slowly began to wake up. She sat up on the bed and rubbed her eye. 'I can't believe I used to hate him. Akita...' she thought. Then there was the sound of pained screaming from outside the balcony. Hakura sprinted over to the balcony and looked down.

Akita was standing over three men. One held his own arm, another was covering his own eye, and the third looked at Akita in fear. Behind Akita was a scared young girl. She wore a black hoodie, a broken watch, and had long black hair. The men ran off into the dark in fear of him, wounded. Then Akita approached the girl, said something she couldn't hear, and walked towards the main doors of the mansion. Hakura ran to the door to meet them after leaving the bedroom.

Akita walked in the entrance with the little girl who seemed allot less scared. "Where's Rosell? This girl needs some food. Shes-" but suddenly Hakura hit him on the head hard.

"You stupid dumbass! I saw that guy had a knife! You never think of yourself!" She yelled in anger.

"I regenerate anyways. And this is Lilith, by the way. She's a half demon like me. Those men were trying to hurt her. We're taking her in. No objections." He replied.

Hakura opened her mouth to object. But then instead simply said "Whatever you dumbass. Just don't be so reckless from now on."

Akita called for Rosell who came into the room. "Please get this girl a hot meal, bath, and a bed. She'll be in our care now."

"Very well Lord Akita. May I ask her name?" The butler asked. "My names Lilith. Nice to meet you Mr. Rosell." She replied. Rosell smiled at her.

"No need to be formal. I'll run you a bath. In the meantime the chef will make you some fresh lamb and mashed potatoes with butter. This way Lady Lilith." He said leading her out of the main hall.

"Akita, we need to talk." Hakura said firmly. But then she saw his upper right arm. "You've been cut! I'll get a first aid kit." she said quickly while panicking.

"Demonic Regeneration? Remember? It'll go away in a few minutes." Akita replied covering his wound. But then he slightly winced in pain.

"At least take some painkillers. Please?" Asked Hakura gently taking his right hand. "Fine. But the Hellrazor games are tomorrow. Rosell got me in. You fell asleep before I could tell you." He said coldly.

"Let's focus on right now. Let's get you some Advil." She said in return. 'He never thinks about himself. He's so selfless. Just like back then.' She thought to herself.

They then headed to the dining room. Hakura found the Advil in her suitcase she brought. Akita took two, drank some water, and went to sleep in mere minutes. Hakura stroked his hair the whole night.