4.) Gentle Giants and Death Tickets

I watch Ellie and my father run out of the jeep and down the trail. "See there it is again now one would have suspected they would have jumped out of a moving vehicle." I jumped out to follow my dad and Ellie. I could faintly hear him talking to himself, I laughed and smiled. "Are you coming? '' I yelled back to him, still running in the direction of my dad and Ellie. I get just out of hearing range to tell if he opened the door or not to follow me. I stopped close up next to Ellie and my dad, peaking over their shoulders I could see what looked like a giant triceratops. However, it looked sick, from what I don't know. I do know though these were my father's favorite, you could also tell from the tears in his eyes. I left the scene and tried looking for anything that could have made her sick if she ate it or something. After a slight trip I found some kind of plant that looked like a West Indian lilac. A plant that is very much deadly if eaten or ingested. "Hey, Ellie, Dad. You gotta come and check this out. I think I know what is making them sick." After calling for them they didn't wait all too long before they found their way back to me. 

"Oh my god thats west Indian Lilac. No wonder she is so sick. She must have been eating them." Ellie said. "They don't eat them. That's why we let them be here. They look nice and they don't eat them." The man said. "Well there is nothing else here making her sick sir. This is the only thing. Plus there are some of the pods over there slightly crushed. That means that those fell out of her mouth as she was eating them." I said slightly snippy because the man was so thick headed. "Easy Kitty." I heard Ellie call again. I shook my head and stood up all the way from my crouched down place near the plant.  "I'm gonna need to go through and look at her droppings just to make sure that she was eating these if it really is the thing that is making her sick." Ellie said. We all nodded and followed her as she put on a full arm glove.

"Wow, she's a bit um tenacious isn't she," Ian said as we watched her dig through it and then walk away after she found what she needed. "You have no idea." Both my father and I said at the same time. "When she has her heart set on something there is nothing that can be done to stop her. Well nothing other than death maybe but even then she would fight it as hard as she could." I said, chuckling a little bit. My father Ian and I made our way back to the cars where Geranno and the children were waiting.  I get in the back of the car with Ian as my father gets up in the front. He shoots his gaze back at us, raising his eyebrow in question. I smiled at him and I was innocent and he turned around shaking his head back and forth. With that the cars started moving and it was the start of a silent and peaceful car ride.

"So kid, what do you know about these things? Dinosaurs I mean." Ian asked me. I smiled and shook my head. "Almost anything there is to know. I have a eidetic memory so anything I read, even once I can remember with amazing detail. That's why I know so much. I can remember almost anything that I see or hear."  I told him with a smile on my face. "Yeah, so that means you cant tell her anything when you get drunk, she will remember and use it against you for the rest of your life." My father said, smiling and laughing slightly. I laughed along with him knowing that he was right. "Wow, who would have thought." Ian said slightly in awe. I smiled as a small evil thought popped in my head. "I can cause quite the amount of chaos." I told him, smirking as his eyes went wide.

When we got back to the main road it was near pitch black and it had started to rain. Ian and I were busy talking about nothing in particular when all of the sudden everything shut down. "What did I touch?" My dad asked. "Nothing. You didn't touch anything we just stopped." I told him as I leaned between the two front seats trying to figure out if it was anything that we could fix or something like that. I felt a pair of warm hands on either side of my hips to keep me from swaying or falling over. I looked back for less than a second before continuing what I was looking for. After figuring out that there was nothing that I was going to be able to do. I stayed where I was for a little bit. I would never admit out loud that I loved the warm and gentle feeling that Ian Malcolm's hands graced. Those thoughts were soon pushed out of my mind when I saw the water in the small cups start to tremble.