5.) Med Kit Miracle

When I was done saving Ian I pulled the broken pieces of the roof over Ian and me just in case she came back. I cradled him into me as we waited. I was scared, and he made me safe. I don't know what we were waiting for, as far as I knew everyone was dead. My dad and the kids went over the edge when she threw the car over. Ellie, John, Robert and whoever else may still be alive were all across the park. It was me and Ian, even then he had a hurt leg and there was no way we would be able to make a break for it. Not only was the T Rex, but there were also raptors and God knows what else. There was no way we would sleep through the night. Well, I wouldn't but Ian doesn't look like he is doing too hot, so he might just pass out at some point. I knew I was gonna have to endure the entire night and whatever decides to venture out this way. Ian's soft groaning shook me of my thoughts. "Are you alright?" I asked almost silently.  "Lorelai. Run. Leave me here." He said incredibly raspy. I shook my head. " No, I'm not gonna go anywhere unless you're right by my side. Right now you are the only thing that I have left and I am not about to risk it all for nothing." I told him quietly but firmly.

He shook his head but stopped when we heard the crunch of gravel on tires. Did they get the power back on? I heard the voices of the Kenyan and Ellie. I didn't care what they were saying but Ian groaned before I could say anything. "Oh my god. Robert! It's Ian and Lorelai! Oh, are you alright.?" She asked me. I shook my head no. "He isn't he might bleed out I don't know. He's hurt. I don't know where Dad or the kids went. They went over the edge when the rex left. That's all I remember seeing. We've been here the rest of the time. I think I'm ok. I don't really hurt but then again I could just be running off of adrenaline. I was starting to be crushed under the car, I was cut up pretty bad but my injuries look like nothing compared to his." I started to rattle off at her. I was talking faster than I could think. I lost track of what I was even saying and I'm sure that I looked like I was insane or something. But I'm not crazy. Just chaotic. That's what I'm gonna tell myself. Just chaotic. And after this island, I will be even more chaotic. If I live I guess. None of anything really matters anymore when you die. That's the universal cancel button I suppose. Nothing matters so it's like a massive cancellation on everything.

I helped Ian get into the back of the small gas-powered jeep that they took to get themselves here. I tried as hard as I could not hurt him any more than he already was. However, the instant that he pushed on my shoulder to hoist himself up the rest of the way, the searing pain that ran all up my body was enough to send me to the ground with a scream. He thankfully didn't fall with me but folded over the edge of the jeep to see if I was alright. Ellie and Robert run over to me at the same time that I hit the ground. I moved my hands to the backs of my legs and over my heels. Ignoring them, I sigh when I feel a warm and sticky liquid coating my hands now. I think I was worse than I thought. I reach over to the backs of my arms and feel the same thing. It was all the glass and metal that sliced me. I smiled though knowing that I took most of the blow, rather than the kids. "Lorelai, you're cut up really bad, what happened to ya," Robert called breaking my thoughts once more. "She risked her life and ran to the other car to save the kids. After that piece a shit lawyer took off leaving them there alone. They were crushed under the car and it looks like she took most of the damage." Ian told them to me. I stood up on my own when I felt the tremors. "We have to go now." Just as I finished the rex's roar was heard loud and clear.

 With that, we took off with a super mad rex right on our tails. "Must go faster!"  That was Ian's phrase of inspiration to encourage us to go faster. She got a lot closer and Ian moved up closer to get in front of me. Though since the rain had made everything super wet and slippery he slipped landing right on the gear shift pushing it forward and causing us to slow down just a slight bit. I pushed up on his back just enough so that Robert could change the gear and get us to go faster, effectively losing the rex. Not long after that, we get close to some kind of bunker-looking thing. I hop out and quickly realize that was the worst idea I had ever had, once again I hit the ground. I stand up just as fast this time and help Ian out. He was hesitant but I told him that I wasn't going to stop until he took my help. He nodded and I got him into the bunker. I was met with John Hammond and a younger-looking black man with a cigarette in his mouth. I had no clue who he was but I set Ian up on a nearby table. "Do you have med kits in here?" I asked John. He nodded and pointed me to a closet. Inside was the thread, needles, gauze, alcohol, and morphine. I told Ellie to help me carry some things and I made my way back to Ian, though everyone in that room could tell I was in pain as well. I couldn't walk without limping no matter how hard I tried.

I shook my head and got everything prepared to stitch up Ian's wound. "This is gonna hurt and I'm so sorry," I told him. I waited for him to nod or tell me I had the ok before I did anything, and I got both. I started by quickly washing his wound with some of the alcohol. Then I got the needle ready and began my stitching. He grunted and hissed but was told to keep going, and that he was fine. I knew he wasn't though and I hated that I was the one that was causing him more pain. When I was down I wrapped the whole thing back up in gauze. "Thank you." He said. I smiled at him and nodded. I walked- I limped over and brushed the hair out of his face. He shot me a very kind smile before he pointed at Ellie. She gave him a shot of morphine as I sat down. I didn't notice she came my way ready to give me one as well. "Hey, Lori, here. Your gonna need it too." She said, I looked up at her to ask what she meant before I saw what she was holding. I shook my head and tried to wave her off with my hand but she was very persistent. "You're going to need it Hunny. You're already limping as it is. It will only get worse from here and we both know that." I looked back up at her, and over her shoulder. I saw the pleading eyes of the man I had come to get feelings for and I knew that he was asking me too as well. I sighed and closed my eyes, before putting my arm out for her to give me the shot.

 She smiled and thanked me. I wanted to tell her that I didn't do it for her, but thought twice about it. I saw her smile and it made me smile. Just a small bit but it seemed like it was enough for her and that was good enough for him as well. I suddenly began to get very upset. My father was out there. Those kids were out there. And they were alone with god knows what kind of creatures ready to kill them. "We have to go out there and save them," I told Ellie. "Listen, little girl, there is nothing that we can do now. It's pitch black out there and those raptors are looking for all of us as we speak. The best thing that we can do right now is to wait till morning. If your dad has any brains he will have climbed a tree with those kids. Get themselves off the ground floor." Robert told me. "That's if they even made the fall you do know right? If they even made it that far. And I am no 'little girl' I  know well enough what is out there. That doesn't make it right for us to just leave them out there alone." I said to him seething in rage. "Oh yeah, and what are you gonna do eh? You can barely walk, let alone lift anything. You can't do anything not in the state that your in. Your better off sitting here like the good little girl you are." He told me. So I punched him right in the face. Hard as I could, he hit the floor holding the side of his jaw. "I am not a little girl. Nor am I weak." I spat in his face and walked off to the back to sit alone.