prologue

Princess Nymeria was the second-born child of Princess Rhaenyra. She was the first and only daughter of Rhaenyra to ever make it past the birthing bed.

She was kept at dragon stone for the first 18 years of her life due to her appearance.

It wasn't because she looked weird but because she looked different from her father and her brothers. This obvious fact caused Rhaenyra to fear for her daughter. Making the decision to keep her away from the rest of her family for as long as she could.

This is the story of Nymeria.

The night was cold and the wind was strong, whistling through the stone of kings landing though the howling did not cover the screams coming from the princess's birthing chamber. She was writhing from the pain and screaming out in anguish. The maesters had given her as much milk of the poppy as they could but that only seemed to take the edge off. The maester at hand feared for the worst as she yelled louder.

After many hours of pain for the young Princess, the babe was born. The maester held the babe in his arms.

"It is a girl your grace, what will you name her"

"Nymeria"

The princess held her arms out gesturing for the babe to be placed in them. Her eyes widened when she saw the Childs features. The palest of blond hair, the fairest of skin and bright purple eyes. Rhaenyras mind was swirling with the questions that would be asked once again questioning the Child's true parenthood.

Hours later she and her husband Laenor had gathered all they needed and boarded a ship preparing to sail for dragonstone. She was holding her son's hand as a wet nurse stood behind them holding the young princess.

"Will we ever come back" Jace asked

"I hope so"

That was the last kings landing saw of them for many years to come

When the morrow arrived the King and Queen were surprised to hear that Rhaenyra and her family had left to dragonstone.