Pick A Side

I was waiting for Richarlison to pick me up outside of my house. We were going to the beach, like said yesterday. It wasn't early in the morning, but it's never too late to go to the beach.

I saw his car arrive in front of me. I smiled and took my bag with my into the passenger's seat.

"Wow, you look hot." He smirked while slapping my thigh softly.

"Thanks..." I rest my arms over my bag on the way there.

During the drive, we talked about all the things we would do in the future. He was already talking about having kids, etc... 

Honestly, everything went by too quick. I don't even want kids...

Soon, we were at the beach.

"Alright, we're here."

He turned off his car and we stepped outside. The beach was almost empty. Since that it was the afternoon, people were starting to leave.

As we walked down near the ocean, I looked around. I saw some people swimming further down the beach still, but it wasn't much people.

I noticed that this beach had bathrooms and a place to rinse off the salt water with fresh water, how smart. The last beach I went to didn't have that.

I set up the towels on the sand and placed our bags on them so they wouldn't blow away. It felt like Richarlison didn't even care to help, but I just ignored it.

I laid down on the towel next to him. 

"So... there's bathrooms here?"

"Yeah, you need to go?"

"No, it's just the last beach I went to didn't have."

"Oh, so this is your first time here?"

"Yeah."

"Nice, want me to show you around? There's a place where you can get popsicles."

"Oh my god yes! That's exactly what I need right now. Let's go!"

I get up and follow him down the beach to a small stand.

I scan the board wondering what I was going to get. 

Richarlison interrupts me right as I was getting to the good side of the list.

"Oh, they cost money, I didn't bring my wallet. Sorry Princesa."

"Oh.. it's okay."

No the fuck it wasn't okay. All I wanted was a damn popsicle.

We walk down to the ocean.

"You said you like to swim, right?

"Yeah."

"Race you there then!"

Girl, I was NOT in the mood to run. 

I watched him sprint for a second and stop when he realized I wasn't chasing him.

"No race?" He laughed awkwardly.

"Nah, I'm not that fast." I fake laugh.

When we got into the water, it was just small talk. Until some girl came over to talk to him.

It was like he completely forgot I was here. 

"We're gonna swim out more, you coming, Y/n?"

I watched as the girl got closer to him, smiling.