Prologue

Tokyo, Japan

December 15th 2022

09:50

(I don't know when World War Z is set honestly, but in both the movie and the game, it's shown to be winter in Russia, so I'm taking a guess and thinking December. I also don't know what year it is in the fi;m and game, so I'm just going to have this set in modern times)

Japan. The Land Of The Rising Sun thrives as the bright sun shines over the city, onto the capital's skyscrapers, rooftops and roads. The number of pedestrians taking to the streets rises as many start waking up and heading to work or eating breakfast at a cafe nearby.

Downtown, in an apartment, the sounds of a loud groan are heard as a man in bed sits up, yawning. His name is Kage Kureishi. The young man gets out of bed, rubbing his left eye while walking toward the curtains to open them, allowing the sunlight to caress what was once a dark room, now a room lit with life.

 The young man gets out of bed, rubbing his left eye while walking toward the curtains to open them, allowing the sunlight to caress what was once a dark room, now a room lit with life

Kage: "今何時ですか

Kage: "今何時ですか...?"
(What time is it...?)

He waddles over to his desk across the room, groaning softly as he checks his charging phone, seeing the battery at 100% and the time.

Kage: "なんて... くそー、遅れるぞ。 血まみれの地獄!"
(What the...damn it, I'm going to be late. Bloody hell!)

He stomps slightly on the floor, sighing. Suddenly, his phone starts buzzing and he unplugs it, answering the call to hear it's from his boss, the head of a media company.

Kage: "こんにちは?"
(Hello?)

Boss: "暮石さん、申し訳ありませんがお知らせいたします..."
(Mr Kureishi, I regret to inform you that...)

As the boss speaks, the photographer begins panicking, thinking that the news is bad and that he might be fired for not arriving on time, which he usually does around 09:30.

Kage: "警告が表示されますか? 時間通りに来なかったら解雇? 先生、どうしたの? それが何であれ、私はそれを直すことができます—"
(Am I getting a warning? Am I fired for not arriving on time? Sir, what's wrong? Whatever it is, I can fix it—)