CHAPTER ONE: CAT AND MOUSE

THE ICEBERG LOUNGE, GOTHAM CITY, 1989:

'Twas the summer of 89', it took a while for the city to warm up and recover from the extreme weather conditions over the winter.

The Iceberg Lounge was back in business as Oswald Cobblepot, The Penguin, had been released from Arkham a while ago. The club never slept, it was open day and night, always crowded with people from all over Gotham, mainly the corrupt upper class though.

On a particularly busy night, around 1:00 am, the music was blaring, the lights were blinding and a mysterious thief was waiting. Selina Kyle (dubbed the "cat"/"Catwoman" via the Gotham Gazette), the notorious and well known thief, waited to pounce, on a nearby ledge, watching over the club. She scouted the area, thinking smart for an entrance drowned out by the music. "Ozzy's probably gonna be in his office, it's best if I sneak in the back way", She said to herself, as she watched over a pair of Oswald's guards, who wore black suits, guarding the back entrance.

As she leaped across the gap from building to building, she slid down a ladder silently, before wrapping her whip around one of the guards legs, pulling him to the ground, then used a taser to take out the other guard, then took out the guard on the ground by stamping on his face.

With a quick glance of her surroundings, she begins stealthily climbing pipes and ladders, using her whip as a rope. She snuck in through a ventilation shaft, climbing through, a cat sneaking to a mouse, predator to its prey. Almost inhuman like, she slowly climbs out, creeping through the corridor, quickly entering an elevator, jumping upwards through the top, and waited to reach Oswald's office on the top floor.

As she arrived at the floor, she dropped down, continued to sneak through the corridor, flexibly jumping around, and sliding around so she wouldn't be caught. She finally reached Oswald's office, as she placed her head against the wooden doors, listening in, when suddenly she heard footsteps and the sound of people talking, so she quickly jumped into a nearby room, hiding behind a wall. The Penguin waddled out of his office along with two guards, as Selina quietly listened to the chatter. One of the guards accidentally stepped on Oswald's shoe, which angered him. "Oi you tit, I just had em' polished!. Now, I don't wanna hear anymore fuckin' complaining you can get back in your fuckin' prams, I ain't in a good mood!", he exploded on the guard. "Just keep people out and fuck anyone who tries anything okay?!", both guards mumbled "yes Mr. Cobblepot", as they continued down the corridor, which allowed Selina to make her entrance.

As the guards walked Oz to the elevator, Selina began preparing as she gave the Penguin time to go down in the elevator. "Now don't bring me back up unless ya fannies can't handle this shit, or I'll cut ya fuckin Jacob's off!" Oswald threatened before the elevator doors slammed shut. Just before the guards, now pondering why they took this job, began walking back toward Oz's office. Selina saw her moment to strike the mice, as she sneaked over to the door, she silently scraped her claws along the metal door knob and with one hand opened it, she then closed the door behind her, as she entered the office.

Once she entered, she looked around, seeing a throne at the back of the room in the centre, in front of a bookcase, with a table in front. She scouted the office, finding a painting of Oswald, hanging on the wall, along with many artefacts around the office. As she searched the office, suspecting his 'secret vault' would be hidden behind the bookcase, she studied the case, moving books to activate the case, however none of them were activating the door. Suddenly, she pulled a book, where the case opened up, revealing a hidden vault full of weapons, gadgets, money and a previous diamond at the back, in a glass display case against the wall. "Meow.." she said to herself smirking, as she headed over towards the diamond, staring at it up close. She placed her claws against the glass, cutting a fine circle, and then quickly grabbed the diamond with her hand, carefully pulling it out and holding it with her hand. "Bingo!", she said quietly, as she started putting money in her bag as well as the diamond.

As she turned around, the door opened, as a guard entered, "Hey!", he shouted, as Selina thought "oh,shit!", as another came in, aiming a gun at her, so she looked to her left and threw an artefact at the window, and made her exit, via jumping onto a ladder, whilst being shot at, climbed up a ladder and began running on the nearby rooftop as she was narrowly avoiding being pelted by bullets. She then dives off of the roof top and wraps her whip around a metal pole and swings to an alley.

After being informed, the Penguin rushes to his office screaming "for fucksake I just fuckin' left!" He races around along with the guards and quickly discovers his book case open along with his vault and a large portion of money missing as well as his prized possession, his 86 carat diamond. "Ahhhhh!!!" He outraged, as his pale turned bright red, and his guards backed away a little, "how in the living fuck did this happen!" He continued. "I-In all fairness sir, she was quite quick on her feet, w-we didn't expect it" said the guards, trembling in fear. "Are you scratching my cheeks with a fuckin' screwdriver here lads" Penguin said in utter shock as he raged at the idiot's he hired. He turned to stare at the broken window. "What tart, is stupid enough, to blag me?!", he screamed. "It was the cat!", the guard responded, referring to Selina Kyle, Catwoman. In anger, Oswald let out a rage of anger.

TO BE CONTINUED, IN 'CHAPTER TWO: THE WORST OF THE WORST'