A Week with Him- 2

Both of them had the rest of their lunch in silence. Snape concluded that there is no point arguing with the girl; she had a point. Now is the time to keep his kitchen restocked. Most importantly those specific potions needed brewing and that too in surplus. In other words he has to be prepared for the worst.

Snape sent the dishes to wash in the sink and told the girl to get ready. She quickly rushed to the guest room to change her clothes and then back to the living room. She checked her sling bag for muggle money; she had enough to buy the groceries and a few new clothes. Now she couldn't help but wonder if Snape had casual muggle clothes. She wouldn't think a man walking in formal robes is a regular sight. But she was relieved instantly when he came down wearing a pair of black jogger jeans and a grey dress shirt with collar down. His hair was tied in a low ponytail.

Impressive...

"Don't tell me Haimi, you're going to the market in pumps."

She looked down at her feet and cringed at herself. That's true; she would never wear them to go out for shopping but she had no other option. She still hasn't mastered shoe transfiguration. She could get the problem worse if her attempt goes haywire.

"It's alright. I'll manage." she tried to sound convincing. God bless her, she has danced in heels higher than these in her big fat Indian family weddings.

That being said she picked up her sling bag and walked out of the main door. Snape followed her and started putting heavy guards around the house perimeter. When he came back he only said...

" Try to keep up with me."
He started to walk in long strides down the street. Svadhina ran to follow up and eventually caught up with him.

"Sir, I'm not blessed with long feet, if you please have little mercy on me." she said catching her breath. He said nothing but slowed down a bit.

Does he enjoy people begging him for mercy?

"You were brewing Wolfsbane, isn't it?" Snape asked all of a sudden.

"Yes. It slipped out of my mind. Lupin had owled  you requesting for a new batch of it saying and I quote "that it is required even more than before". "

"So I thought about starting my work with that. The potion is unharmed and is left for maturation."

"I see. It was almost time he asked for it. I would have brewed anyway." he replied

"Thinking back, how did you solve the riddle? For a moment I thought we lost it." he continued.

"Well... you said that three potions were the fire extinguishing potions and the other two.....I suspected them to be poisonous. You also mentioned that their contents kept changing and I noticed the bottles kept refilling in every ten seconds. Since all of them looked dark on the shelf, I placed them where the sunlight fell. And now that I have to use my senses, I couldn't smell them as they're strong enough to burn my nostrils in a whiff, so I was left with my sense of sight only. Extinguishing potions are coloured and the ones you've kept were red, blue and yellow against the sun. The fire burning was white and mixing the potions together would give me a black extinguishing potion. Now the big deal was to mix them at the right time. I was left with no option but to throw the bottles together at the correct time and given their volatile nature they mixed eventually."

Snape looked straight but she could see the corner of his lips lifted slightly. He mouthed something called

Wiser....

"I suggest you buy some clothes for yourself first. Then we can go to the grocery store."

"As you wish, professor." Svadhina replied cheerfully.