𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 25: 𝑳𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏 𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕

Just In
Community
Forum

More
The Sage of Konoha by The Tailed Titan 72
Anime » Naruto Rated: M, English, Adventure & Romance, Naruto U., Sakura H., Words: 58k+, Favs: 809, Follows: 706, Published: Sep 11, 2013 Updated: Feb 19, 2014
274Chapter 25: Learn From The Past
Review Responses:

McAwzome: Good to have you back McAwzome. I might start doing that. I don't know. Let me think about it. Oh and by the way it's Bansho Tennin lol.

RSC-1995: I'm happy you enjoy it. I noticed the amount of reviews are going down and like any good paranoid person I've been getting hypercritical with my work. So many times over this little vacation I took from uploading I scrapped so many versions of this chapter...well anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter!

DestroyerDRT: Well then you should enjoy this chapter as it answers that question.

MK loves NaruSaku: Well hopefully I'll see your review on this one as well. As for Tenzou this should explain him more for you guys.

-21 Years Ago-

Tenzou ran down the tiny street smiling happily as he went. His goal was the Hokage Tower where he knew he would find his uncle busy writing, signing off on paper after paper hoping to keep up with the ever growing stack. Normally the golden eyed boy would be called to his uncle's office for pranks that he was caught doing or for skipping classes at the Academy. However today was different! Today his uncle had promised that if he did good in all of this months grades then he would let him come to the Tower to spend a day with him as an early birthday present.

Tenzou reached the stairs and clambered up them as fast as his 10 year old legs could take him. He blew past two ANBU guards who let out the rare chuckle at his behavior. Tenzou flew around the corner, threw open the door, and was surprised when he recieved a cold glare from the captain of Konoha's Police Force, Fugaku Uchiha. Tenzou was always intimidated by the man's demeanor. Everything about him commanded respect from any onlookers and anyone who met the man personally had always remarked on how emotionless he appeared, always keeping his calm, unfazed look as a permanent fixture on his face. The few times he did smile were either very good for his family or very bad for his enemies.

"What do you think you're doing here?" Fugaku turned his black eyes on Tenzou who froze in place. He had developed a fear for the Sharingan after seeing one Uchiha use it to drive 4 people to the brink of madness through a genjutsu just by looking into their eyes. He never got a good feeling from the Uchiha either. Word was that Fugaku's son Itachi was a real prodigy in every since of the word.

"Oh Fugaku leave my poor nephew alone." Minato chuckled behind his desk and waved Tenzou over. The boy scampered over without ever letting Fugaku leave his sight.

"Well then Hokage-sama I take my leave." Fugaku bowed slightly and vanished in a cloud of smoke. Tenzou let out the breath he didn't know he was holding and allowed the smile to return. Minato ruffled the boy's purple hair and smiled. Two gold eyes turned to meet his and Tenzou's smile broadened as he spoke his question.

"So Uncle Minato what day is it?" The boy nearly bounced with excitement.

"October 9th. Why?" Minato held back his smile and kept doing his paperwork despite the boy's whining. Finally he let it slip and stood up with the giggling boy in his arms. "It is October 9th and it's gonna be the best birthday you've ever had!"

-October 11th-

Tenzou clawed at the wreckage of his house and tried to dig out the owner of the frantically flailing arm. The feminine arm of his mother clawed at the air as he muffled screams sounded beneath the pile of mortar and rubble he once called home. His fingers were bloody from digging, his voice hoarse from screaming for help, his tears flowing ag the thought of what he would find, and his heart breaking with every scream from his mother.

"OH GOD SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!" His tears came in fresh waves as his efforts renewed when he heard rocks shift and the snapping of bones followed by his mothers screams of pain come from within.

"SOMEBODY PLEASE...please help me!" His sobs muffled all other sounds and his tears blurred everything in sight. The sounds of his mother's screaming began to die down into gurgling moans of pain. Finally Tenzou let out a strangled half sob, half scream of anger and tore away the boulder covering his mother's torso. As soon as he caught sight of what was underneath the boulder he turned away and emptied his stomach onto the destroyed street. His mother was covered in blood and missing the lower part of her body. Tenzou realized the snapping noises he heard was in fact the boulder breaking through her body and literally breaking her in half. His father wasn't even recognizable as the fire had scorched him beyond recognition. His sister was nowhere to be found. His mother grabbed his hand and tried to speak. She couldn't make the sounds she wanted. Instead she gurgled and choked on her own blood. Tears streamed down his face as he pulled his mother's hand into his. Her tears intermingled with the blood covering her face and she smiled one last time before Tenzou saw her vibrant eyes go dull as her life ended.

"I...I swear mom...I swear...I'LL KILL THE FUCKING KYUUBI! I SWEAR THIS TO YOU! ON MY FAMILY'S GRAVE!" His agonized screams died down to bitter sobs. He only stopped when he felt a dull ache in his eyes...

-Present-

Tenzou shot up kunai in hand. He frantically scanned his surroundings as the adrenaline from his dream pumped through his system. Every corner could hold a threat, every shadow a hiding place. His rippled eyes scanned the room and soon the adrenaline rush subsided. He stashed the kunai back where it came from and rubbed his face with shakey hands.

He wasn't afraid anymore now that he realized he was just dreaming. Instead he now used the dream to strengthen his resolve on completing his one and only goal-

KILL THE KYUUBI.