Chapter 17

[Smal correction before we start with this chapter - I realised while writing this that Fredo in TCF timeline should be called King and not Duke like I previously did. I have a beta reader now so we will be correcting a such mistakes in the fic soon. Ty]

Chapter 31: You (6)

Cale put some stuff into a magic bag and headed to the arena. The residence’s underground arena. Count Henituse’s territory was famous for its wealth, but that wealth was supported by military strength. How would they be able to survive next to the Forest of Darkness and the dangerous monsters contained within it without a strong military strength?

As the hidden strength of the Henituse territory was slowly being revealed, Alberu* realised that due to the active part Marquis Sand Ailan took in politics, his family became more well known for military strength when actually there was another territory worthy of competing with the Ailan March.

'It's unfortunate that the Count wishes to maintain his neutrality but there's nothing I can do about it right now.'

That was why their residences had underground training arenas that were larger and better than most Duke or Marquis’s residences. Cale gave an order as soon as they entered the large underground arena. “The two of you stay out of the arena as well. Secure the area, and make sure nobody comes in from the first floor.”

“Yes, young master.”

“I understand, young master.”

Cale had a bitter taste in his mouth at the fact that Ron had an extremely wide smile on his face, but Cale chose to let it go. After watching the two men move away, Cale carried the kittens and went to the corner of the arena. Naturally, he did not forget to motion for Choi Han and Rosalyn to go very far away.

"I am sure Young Master Cale would say that he did that because he didn't want to get caught in anything troublesome when actually his protective senses were probably ringing loudly."

“The two of you head to the center!”

Choi Han took Lock to the center of the arena. Rosalyn had a serious look on her face, as she got a bit farther away from Lock.

“Growl!” Lock was shaking like he was having a seizure. His arms, legs, his entire body was shaking. However, neither Rosalyn nor Choi Han approached him.

Lock* seemed like he was in a daze as he watched these events from an alternate past. His own first berserk transformation had taken place in a very different situation.

He had just lost Pendrick*, someone who he had considered as family and was trying to protect, and the feeling of having failed to protect his family had made him finally snap.

So why was the other Lock having his transformation now?

It was because Lock was growing claws. Very sharp claws that belonged to a wild animal. “Aaaaaaaah!” Lock’s body floated up in the air. It stiffened up like an arrow, before slowly starting to change. Cale verified that the large iron gate into the arena was closed tightly, before slowly heading farther into the corner with On and Hong trailing behind him.

‘This is no joke.’ Cale could see the tall and weak Lock slowly starting to change.

“Grooooowl, aaaaaaaah!”

Lock now grew out some sharp fangs, before screaming in agony. He started to slowly get up and staggered a bit, before starting to frown and opening his eyes. He then looked toward the ceiling and let out a howl.

As Lock's description continued, everyone stiffened. Despite knowing that Lock was fine now and he wasn't hurt in any way during all of this, it didn't take away from the fact that this child had suffered a lot.
In fact, not just him, but there were quite a few kids involved in the right against the White Star and his forces.