Chapter 3

A E L I A

A E L I A

[ Year 2021 ]

This can't be true.

Para akong naestatwa sa kinauupuan ko. Bakit parang may mali?

I did my best. I'm way more better than Charlotte, why did she won?

Napatingin ako sa pinsan ko at gaya ko, bakas din sa kaniya ang pagtataka. Hindi rin siya makatayo sa upuan niya.

"Again, may I call on the winners to go upstage."

Dahan-dahan akong tumayo nang marinig kong nagsalita muli yung teacher, nasisira namin ni Charlotte yung program! Panibagong kahihiyan nanaman ito kung sakali.

Labag sa loob akong nag-martsa paakyat. Nakita ko pang ngumisi sa akin si Gael. For sure he's happy with the result— he satisfied his ego.

At least I'm not dumb like him to get stuck at the third spot.

My spine shivered the moment I stepped on the stage.

I was about to receive my certificate when the host suddenly butt in.

"Greetings audience! There's a slight mis announcement. Miss Millers is our second placer with an average score of 96.4 and Miss Rosenheim is our first placer with an average point of 96.6. Sorry for that, and again! Congratulations everyone!" Announced by the master of the ceremony.

Napuno ng bulungan ang buong hall. Napatingin ako kay Charlotte na mukhang nakahinga na ngayon nang maluwag at paakyat na ng stage.

I just stood there like a post, absorbing what had just happened. So... I won?

I WON?!

Nabalik ako sa ulirat nang bigla akong nilapitan ng host at inakay na papuntang gitna. He smiled at me before going back to the podium at the side of the stage.

"Stop acting like you're Pia Wurtzbach, Aelia. I know that you're expecting to win this competition so no need to get shocked with the mis announcement," Charlotte whispered and then giggled while everyone is taking a photo of us on stage. Halatang inaasar niya ako.

"Aren't you disappointed with what happened? How can  you smile like that? I mean... Ugh! Nevermind," I mumbled at her. She just shrugged her shoulders, shook her head and then smiled again at the cameras.